Thread: Wright and McGill Backpack and Waist Pouch

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Default Wright and McGill Backpack and Waist Pouch

Hi guys...

I need some help please. Does anyone know who still stocks the Wright and McGill backpack and waist pouch set. Mine was stolen recently with all my saltwater kit (6 reels, flies, tippets, spare lines, etc, etc) and I am looking to replace the bag as it served me exceptionally well for about nine years.

Many thanks
    Sudesh

Sorry Sudesh can't help you there, but that's horrible news, where was it stolen? Insured at least?

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Hi Sam...

Thanks for your reply. Was stolen from my house while it was being renovated. I calculated R43k worth of stuff in the bags - the backpack and the waist pouch. The waist pouch was my working bag with 4 reels of flouro, one fly box, forceps, etc. The backpack had three large Plano boxes of flies which I had built up over the years, my 6 saltwater reels, spare fly lines, spare flourocarbon tippets, etc, etc, etc. Other stuff was nicked as well.

Was insured, but insurance only paid less than two thirds. Have to start from scratch building up all my kit again . Fortunately I fished with Hoosen over December and used his flies, borrowed a reel for Kosi and managed to find a 9wt reel lying in my cupboard.

Take care
    Sudesh