Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: snake guides?

Default snake guides?

Quesiton for the rod builders, is it possible to by individual guides (or sets) locally from any of the tackle dealers? It seems silly to do a small order from overseas websites as postage is more than than the order!

Thanks,
    m
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    Quesiton for the rod builders, is it possible to by individual guides (or sets) locally from any of the tackle dealers? It seems silly to do a small order from overseas websites as postage is more than than the order!

Thanks,
    m
    You can find guides here and there, but you have to look for them. I don't know of any reliable shop locally that will have. By reliable I mean that will have whenever you look for it.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Derek Smith has a bit of this and that. Get hold of him through PM or e-mail Derek.Smith@standardbank.co.za

And he stays in Jhb.

thanks, will do ... really covienient since i'm working @standard bank at the moment
    m

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    thanks, will do ... really covienient since i'm working @standard bank at the moment
    m
    Nou toe nou

Hi
    StreamX are now agents for Mudhole, so will be stocking blanks and components shortly.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Hi
    StreamX are now agents for Mudhole, so will be stocking blanks and components shortly.
    Like!!

addingtext ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

thanks craig, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Like!!
    Glad you like, please let me know what you think I should be keeping in stock.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Glad you like, please let me know what you think I should be keeping in stock.
    Most common consumables I would reckon.

Guides (snake and stripping)
    Thread
    Epoxy (finishing epoxy for thread)
    Seats/skeletons
    Winding Checks
    Preformed grips

Those are common and "cheaper" than expensive items like blanks, and you'd use those on all blanks, so can't really go wrong.

I'd like to add cork rings, but the cork from Mudhole is not good, it's actually pretty bad. What they rate as Flor is hardly 2nd grade cork.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast