Thread: TFG Net

Default TFG Net

This is a net design that I've been working on with Chris van der Post, specifically for yellowfish and his catacraft usage. After rejecting about 5 designs, Chris was finally happy with this one. I made a prototype, which came out well enough for me to use (or maybe give away, I'm still undecided, since I really don't have the need to a net of this size), and after running it by Chris, it was all systems go for this one.

The wood is (as usual) South American Guajuvira, and the lighter "wood" is actually a bleached bamboo.

The contrasts work very well I think, especially with the lovely grain on the handle just adding to the overall look and feel of this net. The logo will go in tomorrow and hopefully I'll be ready to send her to Chris on Monday.

Dimensions:
    Bag length: 420mm
    Bag width: 220mm
    Handle length: 280mm
    Total length: 700mm

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Very nice!

Thanks Gerrit - appreciate!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    This is a net design that I've been working on with Chris van der Post, specifically for yellowfish and his catacraft usage. After rejecting about 5 designs, Chris was finally happy with this one. I made a prototype, which came out well enough for me to use (or maybe give away, I'm still undecided, since I really don't have the need to a net of this size), and after running it by Chris, it was all systems go for this one.

The wood is (as usual) South American Guajuvira, and the lighter "wood" is actually a bleached bamboo.

The contrasts work very well I think, especially with the lovely grain on the handle just adding to the overall look and feel of this net. The logo will go in tomorrow and hopefully I'll be ready to send her to Chris on Monday.

Dimensions:
    Bag length: 420mm
    Bag width: 220mm
    Handle length: 280mm
    Total length: 700mm

Hey Mario, is this the net I love at your house?

I would really like to have a similar one built for bigger fish.

It is really a beautiful net
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Hey Mario, is this the net I love at your house?

I would really like to have a similar one built for bigger fish.

It is really a beautiful net
    Hahaha - I'm not sure if you loved it at my house ... did I leave you alone with it?????
    Mario Geldenhuys

Awesome Net Mario!

Wow Mario, that looks so good. I think the design is just perfect for my application and I can't wait to get a picture of the net with a decent fish in it.

Ha ha ha Dammit, my grammar is terrible when I am not think about it.

It could have been, was the net crying in a corner afterwards?

J
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/