Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cost of having a rod built up?

Anyway,the only way to settle this is by a distance casting shootout between you and me...are you up for the challenge?
    Last edited by saflyfish; 05-06-13 at 11:34 AM.

Come to the Ufudu Show next month and I will buy you a beer and if you want an apology, I would give that to you too. Spend some time with me and maybe I might be able to advise you or give you a few tips with regards to your planned rod build. The advise and beer is free.

haha..thanks for the offer..what beer are you going to offer me?castle lite?

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    Be sure to compare costs of all other available beers ... just in case ....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I don't drink, but I will get you whatever you want.
    Come have a chat with me and tell me what you are after and I will give you some tips and pointers. I would also wait it out a bit as the Rand/Dollar exchange is ridiculous right now. So when the Rand stabilizes within the next couple of months, then I would say go for it, get your blank, etc.

You could actually get a blank through Craig at Stream-X too. He brings it in and sells it to you, cheaper than what you could bring it in for yourself. So that is another option. Place an order in advance if he hasn't got the blank in stock you are after, as he orders regularly. With this option you could actually get all the components that you would like on the rod right here in S.A. Buy it over 3 months or so. Month one you buy the blank, month two some cork and maybe the reelseat, month 3 you buy the rest of the stuff. Then you can build it yourself or you then take this rod kit, to a builder you trust and have that built for a couple of bucks.

Doing both the last two options, should save you some money

He's going to offer you one of the fantastic craft beers on sale, the two of you will talk shop till the bar closes and the hug like old friends. The crowd will weep with joy and Koos will live happily ever after and saflyfish will order a rod from Mario.
    The End
    Regards
    Craig

ja i had visions of that too!

Please don't stop, im liking this

With all this I might even sell him a net, so yes, don't stop ....

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    It would have to be imaginary to match the rod...
    Like most of my work ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast