Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoobedoo - what do you think?

Wiets Banned User

Default Scoobedoo - what do you think?

I have been playing around with some 'alternative' materials - scoobedoo fashion strings.
    So here is my Scoobedoo Squid Fly tied on a TMC 600 SP 4/0 hook.

What are your thoughts?

dude! that looks very cool.
    the patient mental...

Looks great, I have also used this material much to the disgust of my daughter who uses is to make keyrings!!
    Born to fish, forced to work

nice one wiets. with all the different colours available, the posabilities are there to be explored.
    given me some ideas now
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Great looking fly! I suppose you could use that stuff for bodies on charlies as well, perhaps with some flashabou on the shank first? OK I don't have kids so where do you guys buy this stuff?
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Looks great, I have also used this material much to the disgust of my daughter who uses is to make keyrings!!
    Please post a photo of what you did with the material.

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    Great looking fly! I suppose you could use that stuff for bodies on charlies as well, perhaps with some flashabou on the shank first? OK I don't have kids so where do you guys buy this stuff?
    You are right, it looks much better with silver or gold tinsel on the shank first. You will probaly find the stuff in a toy shop. I found mine in a section of a material shop where they sell beads, threads and other handicraft stuff - Edenvale, Johannesburg.
    Last edited by Wiets; 24-05-07 at 03:18 PM.

The material can be bought from toy shops/ art shops. Will post a pic soonest.
    Born to fish, forced to work

I mugged a 10 year old for my supply.

I have so far used it for translucent bodies on nymphs, etc ... and it worked very well (at Mill Stream last week). I first extracted the silver tinsel - which I have used on a few saltwater bodies.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Default scooby doo

I use it extensively for squid legs and building up bodys on bigger flies 8/0
    I bought it in town (toy shop ) and it was super cheap r10 for a huge bunch
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Very interesting, i like. Maybe add a white marabou or hen hackel in between the ribs. It will give it a pulsating movement.. could work really well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.