Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: far & fine

There is one very important thing to consider before going for broke.....the first rule of dry fly fishing.....what would that be?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

i give up. i was never given a rule book
    the patient mental...

You gave the correct answer before I posed the question...Well done!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

ok, so having explored the first rule....and seeing no way around this, the sides are simply too gorged up......wat nou?

At this point, I am also ****ed........my hands are trembling......the distance is going to necessitate another false cast, which I desperately want to avoid. It is not going to be easy......

swim to the next rock?

if we're now talking about casting almost a full line, then i'm currently unable to do this ... so ... i have NO idea what i'd do next
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    ok, so having explored the first rule....and seeing no way around this, the sides are simply too gorged up......wat nou?
    You have to use the surroundings (sp) to the best of your ability!
    It depends on where your strong points are. Are you good at presentation?
    Are you good at "heaving"? If the latter is you, then you will find a way to get closer, believe me, there is always a way to get within your range.

I have often used the vegetation to aid me in presenting. Cast on to the opposite bank, and give a twitch to get onto the water. let it drift down.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

lets explore the options together.

1) Casting off target

what? cast to either side of the rising fish and try draw him a little closer if possible?

surely if you cast off target, you stand more of a chance of 'fluffing it' (as dizzy so nicely terms it )
    the patient mental...

hehe...um, not quite

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast