Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orvis warranty

Default Orvis warranty

Just a question, if anybody maybe has info.
    If you purchased an orvis rod overseas, will the local agents honor the warranty?
    catch and release

The best person to ask would be Jerome at Omni-Sport who is the agent for Orvis here in SA.

I'm also interested to hear this. I have an Orvis which I inherited from my old man (not sure where he bought it, but probably locally) and have a problem with the ferules. The top section (it's a 2 piece) no longer sits snugly in the but section. As such it rotates while casting and I keep on having to straighten it. It also comes out on the odd occasion while casting.

I've heard of some home fixes such as wax (which I believe I should steer clear of) or using Sally Hansen's to build up the section. However if a warranty covers this I'm sure it's a better solution.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Paul
    The answer is yes
    Regards
    Craig

thanks for the feedback guys
    catch and release

This can often happen if a section has been replaced. Some rod manufacturers require the ferrule from the broken section in order to mmake a new ferrule on the replacement section, to an exact match. If they still have sections of this model, you probably will get a new one, if its an old model, and its been discontinued, you might get a complete new rod in the current replacement model. Its worth a try. Whatever you do, dont start messing about with a home fix, it will in all likelyhood, nulify the warranty. Check it out with the local guys, but it should be covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by WazzyP View Post
    I'm also interested to hear this. I have an Orvis which I inherited from my old man (not sure where he bought it, but probably locally) and have a problem with the ferules. The top section (it's a 2 piece) no longer sits snugly in the but section. As such it rotates while casting and I keep on having to straighten it. It also comes out on the odd occasion while casting.

I've heard of some home fixes such as wax (which I believe I should steer clear of) or using Sally Hansen's to build up the section. However if a warranty covers this I'm sure it's a better solution.
    Last edited by Andre; 08-08-13 at 12:20 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    This can often happen if a section has been replaced. Some rod manufacturers require the ferrule from the broken section in order to mmake a new ferrule on the replacement section, to an exact match. If they still have sections of this model, you probably will get a new one, if its an old model, and its been discontinued, you might get a complete new rod in the current replacement model. Its worth a try. Whatever you do, dont start messing about with a home fix, it will in all likelyhood, nulify the warranty. Check it out with the local guys, but it should be covered.
    Thanks Andre.

Helios mentioned this is Jerome at Omni-Sport? They don't seem to have a website but I found this e-mail address on Brabys - iomni@iafrica.com. Anyone know if this is correct? Alternatively does anyone have Jerome's e-mail address?
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Cape Town, Stream X and Upstream, I think
    Jo Burg, Frontiers used to be dealers, might still be. My advice is to go through a dealer.
    Thanks Andre.

Helios mentioned this is Jerome at Omni-Sport? They don't seem to have a website but I found this e-mail address on Brabys - iomni@iafrica.com. Anyone know if this is correct? Alternatively does anyone have Jerome's e-mail address?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks Andre.

Get hold of Jerome Goslett <jeromeg@omni-sport.com> and give the rod model & details to check if it's under warranty.
    If so he can give you details of KZN dealer. Uf no one at KZN it will be best to send it direct to him, which is probably the best option anyway.
    Regards
    Craig

25 year warranty Warren, keep in mind.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast