Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes update

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Are there any fishing reports that you are aware of Mario. Would be interesting to see if the yellows have moved up since the rain started.
    No fishing reports, Dave and Tony will be in a better position to answer that. Yellows have been moving up for 2 months now already. We spotted some good ones in the middle Bell long ago already.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Ahh good, we going to hammer them come December time. Whats the best beats for yeallows?
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    No fishing reports, Dave and Tony will be in a better position to answer that. Yellows have been moving up for 2 months now already. We spotted some good ones in the middle Bell long ago already.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Ahh good, we going to hammer them come December time. Whats the best beats for yeallows?
    Lower Kraai probably the best ito numbers, but I have had some amazing days on the Middle Bokspruit when the yellows were on. The Bell (lower) can also produce some great yellow action, but it's very much dependant on a number of factors coming together. The Sterk at Moshes and Black Rock of course is also great (Big Mac beats). For me personally, the smaller Bok and Bell is a lot more fun to fish to them - but you'd do better on the Kraai and Sterk.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Rain again yesterday - Bell is running brown, but that is great news!! In 7 days it will be clear, and I will be there ... cannot wait!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Yaaay..... I have 3 weeks, then will be there also. Mario, Moshesh, and black rock are two of my favourite, so hopefully the yellows will be there. If the rain continues, the Kraai is probably going to be too high. We will anyway take a look.
    Rain again yesterday - Bell is running brown, but that is great news!! In 7 days it will be clear, and I will be there ... cannot wait!
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Im hearing good things about Rhodes. Rivers flowing nicely, lots of yellowfish in the middle Bell and Sterkspruit. Even the Kraai is fishing well.
    Lets hope it stays like this for another month at least.

Im hearing good things about Rhodes. Rivers flowing nicely, lots of yellowfish in the middle Bell and Sterkspruit. Even the Kraai is fishing well.
    Lets hope it stays like this for another month at least.
    More rain yesterday and today. Middle Bok is running crystal clear though ... Bell muddied up a little, but will clear up in a day - more rain now and tomorrow though. Area is starting to look good again.
    Mario Geldenhuys

This is all such good news. I'm counting the days. 12 to go, then will be there...cant wait.
    More rain yesterday and today. Middle Bok is running crystal clear though ... Bell muddied up a little, but will clear up in a day - more rain now and tomorrow though. Area is starting to look good again.

Has anyone fished the Rhodes area recently?
    I will be there next week and the farmers say the fishing is poor right now given the drought, although the rivers are flowing well right now.

Basically, I would like to know if i should focus on the "upstream" waters (upper Bell, Bok)as this is where the fish should move ahead of spawning season.
    Or should I focus on bigger water (Lower sterkspruit, Kraai) where the fish would have survived the drought better.

Quote Originally Posted by Circus View Post
    Has anyone fished the Rhodes area recently?
    I will be there next week and the farmers say the fishing is poor right now given the drought, although the rivers are flowing well right now.

Basically, I would like to know if i should focus on the "upstream" waters (upper Bell, Bok)as this is where the fish should move ahead of spawning season.
    Or should I focus on bigger water (Lower sterkspruit, Kraai) where the fish would have survived the drought better.
    Fish are spread thinly all over, in all waters. The upper sections are looking better than down lower ito fish numbers. Some good sized fish have been taken all over, but as mentioned, spread VERY thin!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast