Thread: Help with tube

Default Help with tube

I dug out of my attic a brand new float tube a mate gave me 20 years ago - without the tube. Am trying to work out what tube I need - the tyre guys are useless and unhelpful and basically will only talk to me once I give them a size.

The float tube cover I have is labelled "Umdobi series 100 Float Master"

Anyone know this and could tell me what tube I need for it in "tyre guy speak" so I know what to tel them to dig out of stock for me ?

Steve

Sounds like the old style belly boat. They are a bit dodgy from a safety perspective, slow to move around in and much colder as more of your body is submerged. I would ditch it and buy yourself a V boat.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Hahaha - that is exactly what someone else has said - yes it is old...maybe will have to go that route but was hoping not to have to spend the money

Steve

a friend of mine has a similar tube, that he has constantly been fishing with for the last 25 years.
    He replaced the tube 3 times. but otherwise, still going strong.
    as mentioned, the safety, is not the same as with a unit where you have 2 or 3 different sections that you can blow up.
    I have thought a couple of times, if you fill those dounut units with polistyrene balls, it should work like a charm.
    Have a look at the units that you sit as far out of the water as possible. 2 pontoon types.
    Your bum is 10 cm or so above the water, with only the legs in the water.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hey Steve,
    We used to sell those tubes when I worked at The Fly Fisherman in Pietermaritzburg around 22 years ago.
    The inner tube size is 1000 x 20 inches. Just be careful about the valve, I remember we had to have them
    shortened.
    Cliff