Thread: Fishing du Toitskloof pass (just below the weigh bridge)

Default Fishing du Toitskloof pass (just below the weigh bridge)

Hi guys,

This past weekend I drove through du Toitskloof pass, something I haven't done in 20yrs. I noticed (fishing & hiking) signs just before the weighbridge with parking area etc.

Now my question is, what would the procedure be to fish this area? I've always wanted to fish this section of water, I would appreciate any info.

Thanx in advance,

Nick

Hi Nick. Yeah that's where most of our trout waters are. That section of river, and all the way down towards the Rawsonville turnoff, is inside the Limietberg reserve, and you need a permit from Cape nature. To get permission to fish there, the Cape Piscatorial Society will give you access. Phone them on 021 4247725. There is a fee for a day permit if you are not a member. There are several people on this forum who can advise you of where to go for starters, and several guys will probably offer to take you out for a "cherry pop" if you get my drift. If you need more info, you can just ask, but whatever you do, please don't just sommer go fishing there without the correct permits.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanx a ton Andre, yes I'd like to follow the right procedure. The info you supplied helps a lot, as soon as I have a weekend available I'll do the necessary before hand and ask for guidance on the 'cherry pop'. I'll need some help getting started.

I would take you out there and introduce you to the rivers with pleasure, once you have the permits sorted out. All its going to cost you is the toll fees, and a burger and a beer in the hotel pub after fishing.. Send me a PM and I will send my number to you
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I would take you out there and introduce you to the rivers with pleasure, once you have the permits sorted out. All its going to cost you is the toll fees, and a burger and a beer in the hotel pub after fishing.. Send me a PM and I will send my number to you
    Thanx a ton Andre, I'll pm you as soon as I have a weekend free. Sounds like a deal

Hi there Andre

You dont mind if i give you a shout sometime during the holidays to go fishing, im new to fly fishing and would love to fish the streams, i live in the northern suburbs, whats the best fly to use there in the streams and are there plenty of fish in the streams?

Regards
    Sean Bulcraig

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    That burger at the hotel can take veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long to eat, if ya know what I mean...eiiisshhh!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Ya, no worries, will certainly make a plan. Im around until the 22Dec, although have Vaalie visitors from 15th, so if I can sneak way, will do some fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bullshark View Post
    Hi there Andre

You dont mind if i give you a shout sometime during the holidays to go fishing, im new to fly fishing and would love to fish the streams, i live in the northern suburbs, whats the best fly to use there in the streams and are there plenty of fish in the streams?

Regards
    Sean Bulcraig