Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inanda Dam

I've caught most of my bigger bass on small poppers. However I still love fishing flippers and tend to start with them. Your fly above, which I'm guessing is a frog pattern, is similar in many aspects to a flipper.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

As I'm sure you've all noticed, I've been doing a lot of trips to Inanda Dam recently. It's close to home, and doesn't keep me away from the family for long enough to aggravate the wife

Sunday was a good day. Perfect fishing conditions resulted in this 3kg largemouth bass.

- Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Nice, must have put a good bend in the rod. I still can't seem to break the 1.5kg barrier with bass on fly
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

wazzy,i see you fish off the floatube...how far from the parking area at inanda to the spots with bass?i cant imagine u go far without a motor?

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    wazzy,i see you fish off the floatube...how far from the parking area at inanda to the spots with bass?i cant imagine u go far without a motor?
    From the parking lot I don't go more than a kilometer in the tube. That last bass I posted was off a boat though, and quite far from the picnic area.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Warren, how are you bud? I am starting to come up for air after the move home, and am scoping out the lie of the land wrt flyfishing and the different options. I love the look of your fishing escapades down at Inanda and would love to join you sometime soon to throw a line. If there is a spot open, let me know - i have my own float tube.
    Let me know if you are happy for me to join...
    Matt Cocks

Quote Originally Posted by beefybovril View Post
    Warren, how are you bud? I am starting to come up for air after the move home, and am scoping out the lie of the land wrt flyfishing and the different options. I love the look of your fishing escapades down at Inanda and would love to join you sometime soon to throw a line. If there is a spot open, let me know - i have my own float tube.
    Let me know if you are happy for me to join...
    Matt Cocks
    Hey Matt,

We're always happy to have gents join us. The more the merrier.

Regarding Inanda, when we fish off the boat we can only take 2. But when we fish off tubes we invite everyone so I'll let you know.

We're hitting Cape Vidal next weekend if you want to join. I think the cottage is full but we're camping and there should be space on the site.

Then next month there's a trip to Underberg we're organizing if you're keen on some trout.

Cheers,
    Warren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Wazzy

The offers are much appreciated, thank you very much. My saltwater and camping stuff are stuck in a container somewhere, so I think the Vidal trip will be a no go, but that trip up to Underberg definitely tickles my fancy so let me know more details and perhaps I will join you if there is a space.

Thanks so much!!!

Matt

Lovely bass.

How do you find the security at Inanda - have heard of a few nasty stories from there. One of my mates wont park there and gets another mate to put them in the water and then come back later to pick them up to avoid this.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by igfafly View Post
    Lovely bass.

How do you find the security at Inanda - have heard of a few nasty stories from there. One of my mates wont park there and gets another mate to put them in the water and then come back later to pick them up to avoid this.

Steve
    We've never had any issues Steve and are there relatively often. I don't worry about it at all. That said I've never camped there so don't know if its a different issue overnight.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2