Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jozini dam Swaziland - Tigers

Cool so I got the message thanks .... I must say I did see the warnings and I was fishing from a boat most of the day. The only reason I waded in a few meters was because I was with a local fisherman and we were fishing along side the boats and launch. There was a lot of activity with people on the dam tubing etc which is weird... but the guy reckoned its safe and that the crocs/hippos wont come close to the noise and boats... so that's why I waded in.. none the less, first tigers and an awesome experience!

Don't know the area at all, was about an hour away from Mbabane. Good to be back on the forum, hopefully I can find the time to do more posts..

Let me know when you keen to hit Jozini phish.. will have accommodation sorted

Cheers
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

definitely keen, i believe September is a good time ... will give you a buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Let me know when you keen to hit Jozini phish.. will have accommodation sorted

Cheers
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Hi guys I'm heading out to Jozini in Dec. Need some advice on my setup as I'm a newbie.

I have a Explorer Classic II 9.0" 5/6wt rod and a launch 4/6wt loaded with sinking line.

Really keen to get a Tiger or 10 on this set. I this wishful thinking or might it be possible?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

yeah ... don't wade!

seriously though it is not impossible to get tigers on the rig you have ... but casting appropriate flys (closers, flippers, brush flies etc) will be tricky at best and just about impossible if the wind comes up.

Rather try get your hands on a 7 or 8 wt. If that is not an option, just scale down the flies (flashy wooly buggers, small deceivers etc) and hope the wind does not blow .
    Last edited by firephish; 11-11-14 at 03:05 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Hi all,

So, been a VERY long time since I have been on the forum, which would indicate how much fishing I have done. NOT.

We headed off to Jozini over Easter so was hoping for any updates on what's going on? We will be staying at Nkwazi and have access to boats. Will be taking the std rig of 9WT with floating, intermediate and depth finder with the usual suspects of brush flies, clousers and deceivers (darker colours with orange, reds and yellows mixed in).

I am on the prowl for a 7WT setup so if anyone is obliging, please let me know. The rod/rig will be used for light salt/estuary, carp, bass etc so looking for a decent setup but not breaking the bank.

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks all!

Does any one have any updates on Jozini Dam at the moment?
    Going there in 2 weeks time and any news will be appreciated.
    I noticed the dam is very low at the moment.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Does any one have any updates on Jozini Dam at the moment?
    Going there in 2 weeks time and any news will be appreciated.
    I noticed the dam is very low at the moment.
    Hi Korrie,

A few mates have told me that the fishing has been tough there the last month, with no fish over 2.5kg being landed. The dam is down to 54% capacity with no rain in sight, so yes very low at the moment! I am not sure what time the tiger bonanza is but keep it in mind, the dam and slipways will be packed with boats.

Cheers,

Konrad
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Hi Korrie,

A few mates have told me that the fishing has been tough there the last month, with no fish over 2.5kg being landed. The dam is down to 54% capacity with no rain in sight, so yes very low at the moment! I am not sure what time the tiger bonanza is but keep it in mind, the dam and slipways will be packed with boats.

Cheers,

Konrad
    I am there the weekend before the Bonanza
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Jonathan from Mavungana had a good weekend there in mid August catching this beauty

Jozini.jpg
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Lovely fish, looks like one of the spots that I frequent, when I am up there.
    I heard that some good fish have been caught by the bait slingers.
    Fish between 2 and 5 kilograms over the last 10 days have been landed according to Chris Shelton that now lives there.
    Korrie Broos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast