View Poll Results: Indicator method or nymphing method?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indicator 0-5 fish

4 25.00%
  • Indicator 5-10 fish

1 6.25%
  • Indicator 10-15 fish

3 18.75%
  • Nymphing 0-5 fish

0 0%
  • Nymphing 5-10 fish

2 12.50%
  • Nymphing 10-15 fish

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Indicator fishing or nymphing what is better ? Pole!

Have you tried the ESN style, (European style nymphing) for yellows? I did this on my last trip in Sepember.. it seemed to work very well, just as well as the Czech style, but a whole lot more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Thanks Korrie not sure if you're mocking me but be that as it may here goes;

Czech Nymphing (showed to me by GGY) - 6-7ft leader - 3 flies was the most effective and productive. To really have excelled with this technique I had to become very very fit which I did because in the beginning my arm just couldn't handle it. Later on Polish and Spanish nymphing had it's moments too (the stuff you taught me) but I grew completely bored of nymphing and hence I do absolutely none of it anymore. LM Yellows took over and been loving it ever since.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I've tried Polish and Spanish nymphing ala American style, (After Vladi taught them how to fish remember Jeff getting a 3rd in the worlds?) not sure I know what your interpretation of "Euro" nymphing is??? What I liked about CN was that you could get into very very tight spaces (better line control with short leader) vs say Spanish nymphing where normally the leader is anything from 9ft sometimes 15ft or longer. French nymphing was nice to do but not a favorite....

Ok... not sure of the Polish, or Spanish style, simply because I don't associate the names with any particular type. The Europen style, is also called French nymphing, or leader to hand fishing. It uses a very long tapered leader, probably more than 30 feet. It is extremely accurate, and is better than Czech nymphing because the flies can be accurately controlled at longer distances, and because there is no fly line involved, the sensation of touch, is easier to detect in my opinion.
    It is currently my fishing style of choice for yellowfish and Cape streams.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    I've tried Polish and Spanish nymphing ala American style, (After Vladi taught them how to fish remember Jeff getting a 3rd in the worlds?) not sure I know what your interpretation of "Euro" nymphing is??? What I liked about CN was that you could get into very very tight spaces (better line control with short leader) vs say Spanish nymphing where normally the leader is anything from 9ft sometimes 15ft or longer. French nymphing was nice to do but not a favorite....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5