Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Portable Fly Tying Station

Wiets Banned User

Here are some pictures of the first proto type. Due to poor communication, a couple of silly mistakes were made - see comments on bottom picture.

Who wants this specific fly tying station for free and as is.
    It can be collected at either Isando, Johannesburg or Northriding, Johannesburg.
    The first name listed HERE gets it.
    Then PM me your collection point preference and I will provide you with further details.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post

Watch this space for a free portable fly tying station once I have everything sorted out - soon.
    I'll get the straws ready in the meantime
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Yes please!!!!I'll grab it!!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

How the hell did you get that made so soon?

Wiets, I must thank you for your extremely kind offer. It was actually a fluke that I was the first to arrive.....I basically posted the 'straw' reply within split seconds of you posting your photos and generous offer, even though the time on here does not reflect as such (unless I was viewing page one at the time and missed your final entry). I do feel that there are many more deserving causes than me and as such would like extend your generous offer to one of those. So let's take it a step further, the first guy to reply to this thread after reading this gets the prize!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 31-05-07 at 07:20 PM.

Hi Wiets, it looks far from too bad. I realise it is for your yacht, but my requirements for a portable tying set, are a bit different. I generally tend to want something that can fly well in a luggage bag for my trips to the Vaal, or alternatively, be stashed somewhere in the bakkie for those trips to Lesotho, Rhodes, Richtersveld etc. I need the smallest most compact setup ever invented. Your size is just way too big for me. I thought long and hard about this, and looked at many options, eventually I settled for the Marco Polo set, with the bag for materials.The tying set fits into C&F fly box, which in turn fits into a very clever space in the bag. The padded bag takes all the materials you would ever need, and is 35cm x 25cm, and 10cm when packed full, and can hold more stuff than you would believe. This too me is the ultimate portable set. Yours will probably be perfect for you, and I would like to see a pic when it is complete. The only problem with mine, is that it is quite expensive.
    By the way, where is your tacht moored?

hehe....you ungrateful bastard Missed your chance Boet. What the heck, I'll grab it. I can already picture all my bits and pieces adorned on it. Thanks Wiets!!!

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    hehe....you ungrateful bastard Missed your chance Boet. What the heck, I'll grab it. I can already picture all my bits and pieces adorned on it. Thanks Wiets!!!
    Hi Chris

I see you are in Cape Town, where would you like to collect it - Isando, Johannesburg or Northriding, Johannesburg.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Wiets, it looks far from too bad. I realise it is for your yacht, but my requirements for ...................... is your tacht moored?
    Hi Andre

The yacht is in Cape Town - Revelations
    The Marco Polo Fly Tying System is indeed something very special - also fantastic quality.
    Last edited by Wiets; 31-05-07 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Andre

The yacht is in Cape Town - Revelations

Please tell me more about the flytying station you are talking about. Do you have a web address, what is the cost, do you have a picture, etc.
    Hi The Marco Polo is not so much a tying station, but more of a portable kit. I can definatly see the benefit of your station used with a portable tying kit, as there is always the need to get organised. I will try to post a pic if I can figure it out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.