Thread: Motorcycles & Rod Tubes.

Default Motorcycles & Rod Tubes.

Morning All!

Been a while since I last posted...

I have a quick question.
    Does anyone here or have you seen anyone that has made an arrangement to secure a rod tube/s to a motorcycle?

I am sure there are a thousand interpretations to this and each guy will have a different solution as well as each motorcycle will have a different method or location of attachment.
    I am just trying to build up a database of as many ideas as I can before my new toy arrives.

Planning on some looong rides that will hopefully include throwing a line.

Thanks in advance!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

I strap mine on at one of the passenger footpegs and then the other side to the tail rack with some bungee cord.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Howzit Mate!
    Happy Happy for the other day!
    All the best for the coming year!

Ja, seen a similar sort of setup on google...
    have you ever had any issues with it coming loose?

Shot!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Hey Adrian,

Thanks. You have been very scarce. Hope you are well...

I havent had issues but havent done very long trips though. What i do is thread the bungee through the rod tune strap to prevent the tube sliding up and down.

If that makes sense...
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

I only use 4 piece rods and as these rod tubes are fairly short, I tie them across the seat at 90 degrees. At the end of the seat behind me. My KTM 950 has a little aluminium carrier and I tie a waist pack to this and my rod tube against that. Use bungees. Not tie downs. Never had a problem.

Hey Brian, yes been making hay while the suns been out! Work has been good!
    Should change a little from now, if this stay sorted...

Thanks Neil! I also stick to the 4 pieces.
    I am waiting patiently for my 1290. not sure where I will find space on that thing but it will happen.
    Will have to wait till I have it in-front of me and then trial and error the placement.

Shot for the info okes!
    Regards
    Adrian

Just as long as you strap the rod tube (or worse - rod bag) on the OPPOSITE side of the bike from the kick-starter.

I made the mistake ONCE back in my varsity days in the early 90's.
    :-)
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins