Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Trolling Motor Repair

Default Minn Kota Trolling Motor Repair

My Minn Kota seems to be loosing power. I see Rapala are the distributors, but form their web site seems they only talk to dealers ... so the question is does anyone know someone who does repairs/ could take a look?
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Just to add, it seems that the pin has bent and sheared ... hit one to many rock on the vaal

Ja hence its called a sheer pin.

You should get a new pin from them (about R10 from a shop I have 10 in stock) or go to builders and cut a drill end to length for the time being,( I'm not saying it's a permanent solution btw) the width you need is about 3mm. Also, not sure what prop you have, my 45lber prop (the small one) have 4 sockets/holes adjacent to the main gap/hole in which the pin rests, in there you gooi some epoxy. That way the plastic can never break only your pin and even if it does, there is still something left in the shaft. The guy who deals with repairs at Rapala is Dirk.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 02-02-14 at 10:47 PM.

thanks, will try stopping by builders warehouse and seeing if i can find approximately the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Ja hence its called a sheer pin.

The guy who deals with repairs at Rapala is Dirk.
    any chance you can pm me some contact details, might just get a new prop too ... however they seem completely uncontactable from their web site.

Here is the tel number. +27 (0)11 794-6950 You can also try Darryl and avid Bass fisherman.

Hello lads,

Iv been struggling for a while to get props and pins for my Minn Kota trolling motor, I have eventually tracked down guys that bring this stuff in. they don't have any on hand but putting and order through now.

Let me know if you need any parts for your minn kota and I can tell them to include in their order. eta end Jan.

Have a spare prop for you brand new I have a 45lber Endura 2 motor plus I can part with one or two pins as well. You must epoxy those holes on either side of the pin hehehe! :biggrin:

Thanks , I have got , I should have said, now they don't have anymore in stock. A few of us are taking a couple of extras for backup above what they bring in for themselves.

I've always made my own shear pins from brass rods that you can buys at a decent hobby shop. Just cut to length once you match the diameter. Brass shears easily and protects the plastic from wear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast