Thread: I always wanted to 'FLY',and looks like 'FLYTALK' is great place for me to Start

Default I always wanted to 'FLY',and looks like 'FLYTALK' is great place for me to Start

Hi,All!

My Nr 1 Post is now on the 'Flytalk' Board,hope I can offer something to this site as well!

I'm a total newby to FlyFishing,just got my 1st set up,not even sure its adequate,but its a 'FLY'ing Start.

Firstly,I'm a qualified Grandpa with the Grand FlyFishing world still in front of me,lol.

S/W Angling has been good to me in that it has kept me young at heart,as it helps find that lil Boy inside of me,Catch or no CATCH!

But its not just angling,but the magnanimity of anglers that always touches me,as they're so passionate about this sport.

Like me,they just want to 'Pass It On',and I've fished with Judges,you name it,and angling always is a great leveller,as it brings that lil boy out in all of us,that sense of acumen that when you're at the water,anything is possible.

And the big possibility is that when at the water,one forgets all the stress at home,and you come home with a clean slate,refreshed.

So,I always feel I like to help,even when maybe starting out here,perhaps in return for what I may gain from members here on the forum.

So,here's my pledge.If any S/W newbys need advice on S/W rods,reels,etc,or want to have a throw with me at the beach,you're welcome to follow up on that idea.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Walt; 13-02-14 at 07:49 AM.

Welcome to the forum Walt.

Cheesy puns aside, you've boarded the Fly't of a lifetime in taking on this new pursuit.

Hope you learn much and catch lots.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Howzit Walt, welcome...I can see you going to a pleasure to have around on the forum, much like Scythe and myself...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Welcome to the forum Walt...
    Fish - Where?.................................het hom!!!!

Thanks,guys,appreciated!
    'Getting & Spending Lay waste to our Powers,
    Nothing we see about us is Ours'

welcome to FT Walt, looking forward to your input as well on the beach fishing scenario.