Thread: Newbie to fly fishing - Jackmeister

Default Newbie to fly fishing - Jackmeister

Good morning all.

I use to be very much into bank angling, but got bored with that. Then I started bait fishing for yellows in the Vaal (absolutely love it!) I've had a fly fishing kit now for the past 6 years, but only used it once(tried).

I would really like to learn more from this forum about fly fishing, as I have no idea about how it works, quite honestly...

Looking forward to the help offered and getting answers to my questions.

Regards
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmeister View Post
    Good morning all.

I use to be very much into bank angling, but got bored with that. Then I started bait fishing for yellows in the Vaal (absolutely love it!) I've had a fly fishing kit now for the past 6 years, but only used it once(tried).

I would really like to learn more from this forum about fly fishing, as I have no idea about how it works, quite honestly...

Looking forward to the help offered and getting answers to my questions.

Regards
    Jack
    Firstly welcome to the forums Jack and introducing yourself.
    Where on the Vaal are you currently bait fishing for the yellows ? Is it the normal public venues, or private venues, streams and riffles or pools ?
    I normally fish the Vaal a day every weekend where I can,( normally a Sunday ) so if you would like to join us, and learn first hand from a wannabee or 3, just drop me a PM with your cell no.
    We can then try and organise something.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659