Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Silver's New Innovative Fly Rod

Default Arctic Silver's New Innovative Fly Rod

INTRODUCING THE FREE-FLEX℗ CONCEPT // Over time, passionate fly fishers around the world have gathered an immense knowledge about how a fly rod works. This knowledge is the foundation of ArcticSilver's product development. You don't need to learn to cast all over - you will build on the skills you've already honed over the years. With the Free-Flex℗ concept, a whole new category of fly fishing rods is born.

Theory and practice // You've probably heard it before: "The power potential is located in the rod's butt section." This axiom is often repeated by casting instructors and fly fishing experts - and is based on the physics around the transmission of force.

In the cast, the fly rod's blank is charged with energy. On traditional rods the handle is glued to the blank precisely where the power potential is greatest. And a handle that is glued with hardening adhesive prevents the blank from loading to its full potential.

This simple fact was the starting point for ArcticSilver’s product development. We wanted to create a rod that could take full advantage of the blank's power potential.

On ArcticSilver’s Free-Flex℗ rods the handle is not glued to the blanks. Instead, the blank is fixed only to the reel seat, allowing the rod to bend freely within a hollow handle. This solution gives you more feeling and better transmission of energy.

The Free-Flex℗ system is a simple, but cutting edge, solution. It is fly fishing's equivalent to the carving ski. The result is a blank that is more easily charged with energy, providing for a smoother and more enjoyable fly fishing experience.

So, what do people say about the Free-Flex℗ rods? Talented fly casters that have tried our rods, have given us positive feedback: Free-Flex℗ rods work right down into the palm of the hand and load with ease, giving increased range and greater feeling.

The world's most exciting and innovative rod concept is a reality. Soon you will be able to feel the difference. We are very excited about getting this product to the market, and look forward to offering the advantages of the Free-Flex℗ system to all of you talented fly fishers out there. With this product you'll get a great tool for your future fishing adventures, and a lot of attention from your fishing buddies.
    Last edited by Helios; 09-03-14 at 11:03 PM.

Very interesting.
    Going to be a bit difficult to build a cork handle like that.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Been around for about 2 years - the battled to get the funding at 1st.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Give me that reel!
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Been around for about 2 years - the battled to get the funding at 1st.
    They managed to get their funding.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/th...ever-pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Give me that reel!
    I'd choose Andy Ramish's custom T1 or S3 (http://www.tightlineflyreels.com/) or the Backwinder personally ...

The Dormisch looks cool too - http://dormisc2.wix.com/sch-flyreels...er-series/c3oe
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I know - that's why I said "at 1st"
    Mario Geldenhuys

I know - that's why I said "at 1st"
    Calm down, it was not a contradiction to what you said, it was merely a statement saying that the project is now adequately funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Calm down, it was not a contradiction to what you said, it was merely a statement saying that the project is now adequately funded.
    Calm, very calm
    Mario Geldenhuys

I'd choose Andy Ramish's custom T1 or S3 (http://www.tightlineflyreels.com/) or the Backwinder personally ...

The Dormisch looks cool too - http://dormisc2.wix.com/sch-flyreels...er-series/c3oe
    The Tightline reels, looks like a Ari t Hart copy.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast