Thread: Beautiful eyes

Default Beautiful eyes

As mentioned in another thread, I discovered the Sally Hansen with Holographic tinsel and dust.
    Painted on burnt Mono, it makes beautiful eyes for dragons, damsels even the odd baitfish pattern.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

a 2 to 3 coat build up gives a much deeper translucent look to the eyes.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Korrie a few years ago I was looking for an alternative to mono eyes because your finish (playing with fire) is inconsistent. You tie in a strand of mono across the shank, cut to length then apply some uv knot, dry with UV light then apply marker. The finish is 100% controllable and very durable re fish. You can also use Clear Cure Goo,Bug bond, UV seal ag whatever you prefer even epoxy.

I will try it out and report.
    I will build up an eye, as per your post and paint with Sally Hansen glitter.

The nice part of the Sally Hansen, with the glitter, is the compounded eye look.
    It is amazing how the light dances on the eye, with the slightest movement.
    Korrie Broos

Personally I don't like the look on nymphs it's not natural to me but could be a killer trigger...?

Yip, it could be the killer trigger????
    the ever so slight flash, as the light is reflected, from the eye, could be the trigger for the fish to do the inspection bite on the fly.
    In waters that are heavily fished in Europe, the fly fishers are very weary of flash in the fly.
    With no other flash on the fly except this little glimmer in the eye, it might be the trigger.
    Korrie Broos