Thread: New VR Reel

Default New VR Reel

http://www.vr-reels.com/avro-lancaster.html

Another beautiful reel, perhaps not every ones taste, but still beautiful
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

$1790 USD for a fly reel???? Fork me....

Pretty work though...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Titanium. not a cheap material and not an easy material to work with.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Titanium. not a cheap material and not an easy material to work with.
    To be honest I don't think thats got anything to do with it... sure Titanium is pricey and not the easiest thing to work with.... I don't think these guys can, or should ever feel like they would need to try justify the cost of their products... its artwork, and hand crafted to the highest level.... If you can afford it, fantastic, I wish I could.... But I thinking trying to convince anyone that they should pay $1790 for a fly reel because its made out of Titanium is insulting our intelligence...

I think you're better off stating the price and letting it be... those who appreciate it, recognise it for what it is, and most importantly can afford it, will be happy to pay... the rest of us will keep dreaming! :-)
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson