Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orange River Yellowfish Catching Adventure

Default Orange River Yellowfish Catching Adventure

There are still a few slots for Tim Rolston's annual Orange River camp second group 24-29 September.
    This is a bring your own tent, camp in the wild experience with a lot of fishing and a lot of catching. Target species are largemouth and smallmouth yellowfish, and barbel for the brave. Tim provides the food, which includes a daily packed lunch so you can keep fishing. Email me to book your spot.

Details
    We will leave Cape Town & overnight at a guest house just north of Steinkopf. Early start Saturday morning heading NW into the desert, you should be fishing the Orange by midday. Camping at remote spot between Vioolsdrift & Pella.
    There will be at least 3.5 days fishing with assistance from Craig Thom & Tim Rolston. On the last day it will be breakfast, pack and head straight for Cape Town.
    A a pre-trip evening will be held with info on tackle, tying relevant flies, as well as short line nymphing techniques so that you maximise your time on the river.

This is a no frills trip at a camp site with no facilities, we will do our best to make it as comfortable as possible. You will have to wash in the river, and a toilet seat, spade and screen will be provided. Bring your own tent & bedding but to reduce baggage tent sharing is encouraged.
    Provisional Menu - Travel day, food on journey for client's own account, snacks provided for evening. Daily - Start with Cereal, Tea/Coffee & Rusks, Lunch pack supplied, Suppers - Braai, Roast Chicken, Soya mince Vegetarian Curry, Stew, Veggies, Desert. Lunch Pack provided on return travel day.

The price is R2000 plus R900 for the fuel kitty.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    The price is R2000 plus R900 for the fuel kitty.
    That's a bargain imho!! Wish I could go!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Does the R2K include the guest house near Steinkopf, and which one is it?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Andre, it does include the night we spend there. It's the Kookfontein Bungalows, which are quite nice.
    Regards
    Craig

Ok, yes, I know it, have stayed there. It sounds to be an awesome trippie, and such good value. Im very tempted. please keep me in mind. Im planning doing the Camino later in the year, so let me think about it.
    Andre, it does include the night we spend there. It's the Kookfontein Bungalows, which are quite nice.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Klink soos 'n leke trippie!

New water Andre, and much quicker to get to than the Richtersveld
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ok, yes, I know it, have stayed there. It sounds to be an awesome trippie, and such good value. Im very tempted. please keep me in mind. Im planning doing the Camino later in the year, so let me think about it.
    Regards
    Craig

Ya, I have fished the area between Pella and Vioolsdrift. There are some awesome sections, and yes definatly a good few hours closer than the Camp site In the Park. My favourite area, is on a section downstream from Vioolsdrift, and accessable only by boats or canoes. There used to be a road along that section, but it was taken away by the flooding a few years ago, and never repaired, so no pone can get there. My favourite place to camp is at a site called the old Mine. Its a stopover for the river rafting outfits, and has a few hundred meters of awesome fishable rapids, and some really good smallies and largies.
    New water Andre, and much quicker to get to than the Richtersveld

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ya, I have fished the area between Pella and Vioolsdrift. There are some awesome sections, and yes definatly a good few hours closer than the Camp site In the Park. My favourite area, is on a section downstream from Vioolsdrift, and accessable only by boats or canoes. There used to be a road along that section, but it was taken away by the flooding a few years ago, and never repaired, so no pone can get there. My favourite place to camp is at a site called the old Mine. Its a stopover for the river rafting outfits, and has a few hundred meters of awesome fishable rapids, and some really good smallies and largies.
    I know exactly this spot. This is a great trip and a great deal. I wish I could go!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Ok Craig.. can you pencil me in?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast