Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goat does boat ride

Thumbs up Goat does boat ride

Thought I'd share this story as I'm scrolling through my fishing logs of last year. This lil goat certainly "got away" from a sure death. For my good deed a feisty 11lber swam into my my hook!

GERR2741.jpg GERR2744.jpg GERR2746.jpg GERR2748.jpg GERR2751.jpg GERR2753.jpg GERR2755.jpg GERR2779.jpg

I was fishing a long bank and saw some goats wandering around and ON THE EDGE and thought to myself "een van julle gaan netnou bokveld toe". Not long after I heard a commotion and knew immediately what went down, literally! Found this lil goat who had fallen from a 3m cliff with no way out a sure death was waiting on this little fellow. I rode in closer, picked him up and gave him a lift to more stable ground some 30m further upstream. With tail in the air as he walked away I knew he was all well and fine and joined the group again. Little shit!
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 14-04-14 at 11:08 PM.

No good deed goes unpunished.
    Nog altyd geweet onder daardie yskoue staal exterieur, skuil 'n warm hart van goud, wat net goedheid pomp
    Last edited by Korrie; 15-04-14 at 07:30 AM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Korrie, remember, research has shown, in addition to complimenting her finer, non physiological attributes, flowers, chocolates or some other kind of gift on a first date results in Lollypop Land, 87.3% of the time.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Thought I'd share this story as I'm scrolling through my fishing logs of last year. This lil goat certainly "got away" from a sure death. For my good deed a feisty 11lber swam into my my hook!

GERR2741.jpg GERR2744.jpg GERR2746.jpg GERR2748.jpg GERR2751.jpg GERR2753.jpg GERR2755.jpg GERR2779.jpg

I was fishing a long bank and saw some goats wandering around and ON THE EDGE and thought to myself "een van julle gaan netnou bokveld toe". Not long after I heard a commotion and knew immediately what went down, literally! Found this lil goat who had fallen from a 3m cliff with no way out a sure death was waiting on this little fellow. I rode in closer, picked him up and gave him a lift to more stable ground some 30m further upstream. With tail in the air as he walked away I knew he was all well and fine and joined the group again. Little shit!
    Nice story G, cool pics.
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Karma works both ways!

I think that little goat was influenced by Goat Simulator. Games are always to blame for kid's behavior these days and after looking at the trailer of this game I am sure this little goat was trying to reenact scenes from the game.

Seriously though have a look at the trailer...

http://www.goat-simulator.com/
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 15-04-14 at 11:39 AM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Goat Simulator 👽
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Shot Mike!

Ps. Korrie staal buig nie my ou maat...

soos ek genoem het, agter die klipharde fasade, pomp daar 'n goeie sagte hart.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Nee hel nou being jy op my hit.... :wink:

Goeie daad daai, baie mense sou aanhou roei en gaan vis. Well done G
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast