Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldby

Default Oldby

Hi Guys,

Been so long since I've been here thought I'd say hi and re-introduce myself to the lot that came since. I am living in the Free State and live fly fishing. I fish at least twice a week for wild trout, yellow, bass and what ever is around. I am an avid fly tier and love all things fly fishing.

From the older guys anything happen worth mentioning in the past few years?

Cheers,
    Werner Möller
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Hi Werner - sounds like your living the fly fishers dream!

Welcome back.

Hi Wern!!!!
    Gerrit Viljoen

Hey guys,

Nice to lurk around the forum again and see some old "faces". Hope you are all doing well. Let me know when you guys are in my area. There is such prestine fishing to be had here. The Ash river especially this time of year is imho paradise as you have not experienced in this country. it's like experiencing a true Alaskan fishing trip. You can drink the water and you dare not put your feet in it. The river also has a all year round flow so strong you will drown if you fall in.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Hey guys,

Nice to lurk around the forum again and see some old "faces". Hope you are all doing well. Let me know when you guys are in my area. There is such prestine fishing to be had here. The Ash river especially this time of year is imho paradise as you have not experienced in this country. it's like experiencing a true Alaskan fishing trip. You can drink the water and you dare not put your feet in it. The river also has a all year round flow so strong you will drown if you fall in.
    Hi Werner.

Good to see a fellow Free Stater, your nick looks familiar? Anyways, I have a 9year old boy that has started yesterday casting his first fly rod. Any good places you can suggest where the fishing might be easier now for trout for a beginner? Really missing Zaaihoek. And I always phone Andre from Present a Fly, but I think Townsland dam (club waters) might be to diffucult for him? Listen are their guides guiding on the Ash....saw the good trout and that dangerous flows in some pics and always pass over it on route to Clarens.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Werner, I bet you are glad you left Rustenburg.
    How about a picture essay of the Ash River and some of the other fishing in the area.
    Seeing that you are so often on the water, it will be great.
    Keep Well
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Mmm...I remember guy having like a blog about flyfishing in the Betlehem/Clarens area. Posted pictures about yellows caught below the Sol Plaatjie dam. Is it maybe you Werner?
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Hi Werner,
    Welcome back. Is your cell still the same ?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Mmm...I remember guy having like a blog about flyfishing in the Betlehem/Clarens area. Posted pictures about yellows caught below the Sol Plaatjie dam. Is it maybe you Werner?
    Yes thats me Dirk. I also guide in the area and have exclusive Ash river access. There is no nice easy water I know of at the moment as the club dam is now also dead in the water so to speak. There are spots on the Ash that is fish able for a youngster if you are interested.
    Last edited by wernerm; 23-05-14 at 11:36 PM.

hey 'old 'man' . No my cell have changed I will message you. Glad to see you are still around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast