Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Tools etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Thanks Mario, looks fantastic !
    I'm taking the schematics and pics to a friend who is very, very good with wood. Will ask him how much :-)
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Don't you want to ask him if he can make up 2 ? Don't have any wood working tools or place to build something like this. If he's keen, just let me know how much.

Don't you want to ask him if he can make up 2 ? Don't have any wood working tools or place to build something like this. If he's keen, just let me know how much.
    Will do, I have the tools, but not the time :-( I'm going to try and get some prices on different woods as well, and will let you know.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Will do, I have the tools, but not the time :-( I'm going to try and get some prices on different woods as well, and will let you know.
    Thank you sir !

Thank you sir !
    Hang on. Wiets seems to be the man to talk to here!!!! I'll send him a PM. His stuff is made from Supawood (cheap) and coated in a nice looking veineer (sp) type thingy. You keen on that, or real wood?
    Mario Geldenhuys

Hang on. Wiets seems to be the man to talk to here!!!! I'll send him a PM. His stuff is made from Supawood (cheap) and coated in a nice looking veineer (sp) type thingy. You keen on that, or real wood?
    Mario, I don't mind either. In fact I reckon the veneered supawood option might actually be better.

looks awesome Mario! thanks
    the patient mental...

Right guys, Rick Lewis was so kind to mail the schematics to me.

You can find it at http://www.smallstreams.co.za/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9 under Wrapper/Dryer.

Mario this link doesnt work anymore? Any chance of getting the schematics still? Anyone got this made up yet?

Thanks

Morne
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Mario this link doesnt work anymore? Any chance of getting the schematics still? Anyone got this made up yet?

Thanks

Morne
    Check under http://smallstreams.co.za/docs/

There is a directory for wrappers - feel free to browse around, some good .PDF doccies in there as well.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Excelent stuff. Thanks for sharing Mario
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast