Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Desks?

I bought a desk with three drawers,have a small drawer system on the desk for bobbins etc and I pin all my material on a pin board to the side of my desk.All i do is look up,find the stuuff i need ,take off the pinboard and then put back.I hated scratching in drawers and boxes looking for stuff.Now i can see everything from my chair and its easy to take off and put back

I bought a cheap desk from builders warehouse with one drawer. One of those do it yourself jobs.
    Then I have a big jim container with 6 big drawers that are filled with cheap plastic containers that have all my materials inside, I also hated searching for material, and buying stuff I already had because I've forgotten about it.

Although I have a dedicated room and have things nicely set up, I actually prefer to tie wherever I feel like tying when I do get the chance. So at times in front of the TV, and especially in winter in the kitchen where the wood stove is nice and toasty. I'm really sloppy with organising my materials after tying, and a really neat system of 2 tying bags basically mean nothing after 2 or 3 evenings of tying. I'm actually considering making something like those old wooden tool carry boxes (http://www.awakainoz.com/wp-content/...5/DSC06779.jpg) with compartments for my tying stuff. All of the stuff is in ziplock packets anyway, so I just need to pop them back in the box/compartment.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Cool - thanks Alex. I need something that stays open though. If it can close, I just chuck my stuff back in any way it fits - I'm bad like that
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Not a tying desk, but a good china made me this awesome bobbin holder in wild olive...simply awesome! See it on the left!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Not a tying desk, but a good china made me this awesome bobbin holder in wild olive...simply awesome! See it on the left!
    You should be careful of the made in China stuff hey ... the paint comes off in water!!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    You should be careful of the made in China stuff hey ... the paint comes off in water!!!!!
    He he! I am sure it will be fine! It was traveled quite bit already...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Here's mine.. Made it last year... Cost under R300
    http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/ind...0560#msg270560

Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Here's mine.. Made it last year... Cost under R300
    http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/ind...0560#msg270560
    Where do you store/put your materials? That is my issue.
    Mario Geldenhuys

great stuff homie,well done...wish i had the skills and tools to make one

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast