Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: World Fly fishing Championships 2014

Default World Fly fishing Championships 2014

For those that follow the Competition
    lots of photos on the FaceBook page of the opening ceremony
    World Fly Fishing Championship 2014 - Frymburk/Czech Republic

Will let you know, if there will be live scoring as last year in Norway.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

The live online scoring that was so popular in Norway, last year, will not be happening this year.

The reply from my friend Jiri Pejchar, who is part of the organising committee

" Hi Korrie, online score are impossible here! The same amount of fish caught in the tournament, in Norway, we will catch here during first 15 minutes of the tournament. Cheers"
    They estimate that on some waters and some beats, if the conditions are right, will be up to 80 fish in a 3 hours session.
    That is a fish every 3 minutes for 3 hours.
    Not bad fishing
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Are they fishing stocky dams :-)

Shame, the poor controllers hahaha
    Regards,
    Leonardo

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    HAHAHa, it just shows you, with well managed waters, what is achievable.
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by leo1357 View Post
    Shame, the poor controllers hahaha
    Sometimes, the limiting factor is the speed of the controller on how fast he can measure and write it down.
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    A lot of the rivers are well stocked. According to MC, the one practice day last week they were busy stocking the river while they were fishing it. Personally, I would rather be fishing for wild fish ...
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    A lot of the rivers are well stocked. According to MC, the one practice day last week they were busy stocking the river while they were fishing it. Personally, I would rather be fishing for wild fish ...
    There are many issues with Competitive Fly Fishing, but this for me is just plain crazy, it should be called the "World Stocky Catching Championships 2014"
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    There are many issues with Competitive Fly Fishing, but this for me is just plain crazy, it should be called the "World Stocky Catching Championships 2014"
    Hmmmm, how do they control the stocking ito sections drawn by the anglers (in the rivers)?? Surely the density of the stocked fish is impossible to control, and one section may be quite densely populated by the stockies, where others are not. This is hardly fair imho. The migration of these stockies will be a serious issue I reckon.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

They still have to be caught by the angler, regardless how they migrate and how many there are.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast