Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FOTM - 06-2014 - Streamers/Attractors

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    The posting of the crab pattern is quick. But it takes weeks to get rid of those things!
    I hope you're not speaking from experience there Graham my son...ha ha ha...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

My all time best with the most trout behind iets name is the Superman

7.jpg
    8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    If I had to guess it would A Zoo Cougar in it's mouth.
    Could be a Heifer Groomer too.... which was the fly that inspired me to start tying again...

My VERY bastardised version, trying to tie from memory of a youtube video I saw of it, with the materials I had on hand... second fly tied in 8 years... Bit big for our streams... Mario I can send it to you to feed to some real fish up your way! :-) Mine's called the Bull Tickler... And yes it is a double hook articulated monstrosity... If I remember correctly, this sucker is on 2 x #6's or a #6 and a #4....

Gerrit - That box of feathers and fluff of yours looks positively delicious mate!!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

I like it Andre lots of movement will cause plenty havoc!!! :wink:

I like it Andre lots of movement will cause plenty havoc!!! :wink:
    Thanks bud.... Its swims lekker, tested it on the river a little while back.... needs a bit more weight to it though, or to be fished on an intermediate or sinking link....

Also doesn't cast so lekker on a 3 weight with a 14 foot 6x leader set up....

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Could be a Heifer Groomer too.... which was the fly that inspired me to start tying again...

My VERY bastardised version, trying to tie from memory of a youtube video I saw of it, with the materials I had on hand... second fly tied in 8 years... Bit big for our streams... Mario I can send it to you to feed to some real fish up your way! :-) Mine's called the Bull Tickler... And yes it is a double hook articulated monstrosity... If I remember correctly, this sucker is on 2 x #6's or a #6 and a #4....
    Didn't know the trout in the cape streams ate baby otters. good imitation though

Thanks bud.... Its swims lekker, tested it on the river a little while back.... needs a bit more weight to it though, or to be fished on an intermediate or sinking link....

Also doesn't cast so lekker on a 3 weight with a 14 foot 6x leader set up....
    Ja no look Kelly has his own way of fishing those big flies hey (full sinkers, 3ft leaders,etc) can't say I'm a big fan but you're not a streamer fisherman *in my book* if you don't fish that way once in a while... :tongue:
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 03-06-14 at 04:26 PM.

Ja no look Kelly has his own way of fishing those big flies hey (full sinkers, 3ft leaders,etc) can't say I'm a big fan but you're not a streamer fisherman *in my book* if you don't fish that way once in a while... :tongue:
    Mate if it offers me the shot at a 30" hook jawed Madison river brown, I'm happy to sling big chunks of feathers on 3' leaders on an 8 weight!!!

Nicely tied Dre!!! Albeit from all the materials of 3 adult animals in total

This needs to be tied up for Highland Lodge!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hey Mario

Where you off fishing to next week?

Dom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast