Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: FOTM - 06-2014 - Streamers/Attractors

Nice. Dalk het daai reel hulle ge scare...

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Nice. Dalk het daai reel hulle ge scare...
    Dit was 'n swart Shilton voor hy in die water geland het en sy verf afgedop het!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks guys - but the venue we were fishing has some fish of 12 - 14 pounds swimming around there.
    Mario, sounds like a superb venue! May I ask for some details on it? Thanks. David.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_daav View Post
    Mario, sounds like a superb venue! May I ask for some details on it? Thanks. David.
    Dave, you can visit www.leliekloof.co.za for more info. Along with "commercial" venues like Highland Lodge and Pine Grove Lodge in the Dordrecht area, plus a few other dams that produce similar fishing (although they are not "public/commercial" venues), our area has a lot to offer in winter.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

decided to try something a little different, a gallop Sex Dungeon:

---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    decided to try something a little different, a gallop Sex Dungeon:

Very nice firephish.... gotta love Kelly's work..

Here are a couple tied by Kelly that arrived on my desk yesterday... Heifer Groomers the lot of them..

Hard to believe these are trout flies.... judging by the size of them... but they getting a swim today at a Location X of sorts... feedback soon!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

awesome flies, gotta love the names

Yes he has some interesting theories on fishing for big trout ... can't argue with his results i guess. Good luck with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Very nice firephish.... gotta love Kelly's work..

Here are a couple tied by Kelly that arrived on my desk yesterday... Heifer Groomers the lot of them..

Hard to believe these are trout flies.... judging by the size of them... but they getting a swim today at a Location X of sorts... feedback soon!
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post

Dragon'ish Streamer

Had good luck on this pattern again yesterday. Fishing was tough, loads of wind and still loads of weed around. Both dams (Spurwing and Greywing) were low - expected with no rain yet. Fished this fly with slight variation (mono eyes instead of the bead) over and into the weedbeds. 1st fish was a good one of 7lbs - buried itself deep into the weeds, and I was lucky to actually get it to hand. No pics, as the line, fly and fish was full of weed, so rather than handle it more, I just took the fly out and let it swim away. 2nd fish about 30min later, same pattern, about 4lbs. Only fished 09:30 till about 13:30. Had 2 more takes after that, but nothing more hooked sadly.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5