Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richtersveld in July

Default Richtersveld in July

Anyone interested in going to the Richtersveld in the last week of the July holidays. I am taking a small group of families up, and have room for more.
    Anyone keen???

Damn I'm jealous! Wish I could come but alas work commitments suggest otherwise...
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Hi Andre,

Please send me the details to philip@flytalk.co.za .

Cheers,

Philip

No thanks, I am going there on Saturday, yeeeeeha

Will let you know what the conditions are like, staying 2 nights at Potjies and 3 at De Hoop.

Damn! I would love to go but unfortunately my boss, wife and budget prohibits me from going. Still need to get out there some day soon
    No PAIN No Gain

One of the most amazing places that I have been to. I'm glad to have been able to leave my foot print there. It is one of the most pristine places that we have left raw and untouched.
    Call it 500 fish for a week or a solid blank... it does not matter, just to be in a place of such beauty is a luxury.

So should you have some leave contact Andre and take the opportunity. I have been to the R.V with him, the company is great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    No thanks, I am going there on Saturday, yeeeeeha

Will let you know what the conditions are like, staying 2 nights at Potjies and 3 at De Hoop.
    Cool, let us know how it goes, apparently the water is nice and low and good viz. Winter is a good opportunity to sight fish for SM's and also get them in the pools on dries. Nice big stimulators and size 12ddd's did the trick last winter.

What's the Largie fishing like there ito fish and sorrounds ?

Good for largies this time of year, same as the Vaal. In fact the fishing is not that different to the Vaal at all, it's just that it is such an awesome location with the whole remoteness, camping next to the water far from civilisation. Very few Vaal guys get there as it is a lot further away than it is for us down here. I will sort a few pics and post them

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    One of the most amazing places that I have been to. I'm glad to have been able to leave my foot print there. It is one of the most pristine places that we have left raw and untouched.
    Call it 500 fish for a week or a solid blank... it does not matter, just to be in a place of such beauty is a luxury.
    Eish! The man can talk sense! he he he

I could not agree with you more
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast