Thread: New Sage rods coming...

Default New Sage rods coming...

Im a rod junkie and this gets me excited

The new Sage ACCEL
    http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/5...f-7aa9fd18d4e3

The new Sage SALT
    http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/d...c-16378ce3a0b7

Enjoy!

How many more models do they want to bring out.I dont think its very good for sage owners as it seems your rod is only relevant for a year then they "upgrade" them and give them new names..

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    I dont think its very good for sage owners as it seems your rod is only relevant for a year ...
    C'mon, those old Sages are still exactly as good as they were when released :wink: (I might just be able to sneak in my first fish on my new xi3 before it becomes irrelevant :biggrin: )

I am rather amused by this comment in the marketing blurb for the SALT:

... robust salt-action taper provides the power needed to cast today’s heavier fly lines ...
    Okay so now rods have to catch up with the upwards creep in grain weights and front end loading of lines :biggrin: And who has been making all these lines heavier? And why? I can see a lot of people are going to need new lines and new rods, and the 11wt will be the new 12wt
    The highest form of existence is play.

"Reimagines" G5 technology? I thought this Konnetic technology was the business...lol! Look I didn't read the whole press release not interested so pardon me if I've miss the point Sir/Madam.

Like the xi3 which i think is a bomb rod,how much better is the SALt gonna be.1m extra in your cast?
    Whenever you read a rod review the guys dont say wow,this new rod casts 5m further than the rest,no,they say it casted a full line well,according to his ability.

New rods are like new bmw's,new merc's etc...slightly tweaked but not much more difference...3 new ipad models in 2 yrs...barely much difference between them all.
    They have to make new sales and a new "model" gets people buying again i guess.The ACCEL is G5 technology which is older than konnetic technology,and you see it wont be their top of the range model.Its RRp is around $585.

Well, for one thing, they seemed to have improved the G5 enabling them to make the rods lighter, something I'm sure guys chucking line the entire day will appreciate.

It's kinda funny seeing the negative comments though, as I don't really see anyone b!tch and moan when a new model of fly line comes out, or fly reel, the S5 Samsung (which when is 2 months old is replaced by the S6 and then 2 months later by the S7) or the new model Toyota.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Like the xi3 which i think is a bomb rod,how much better is the SALt gonna be.1m extra in your cast?
    Why do you like the Xi3 and not the Xi2? Or even the RPLXi?? What makes the Xi3 better than any of those previous models for example?
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Oh, and if anyone for one moment thinks that Sage (or your other favourite brand) is not in this to make some money, well, I suggest you stop buying anything from anyone.
    Mario Geldenhuys

i think they had a big hit with the z-axis which had G5 tech so they trying to spin a new,improved model.For me it was the worst rod i ever cast,however it has a huge following.I sold mine after a year.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast