Thread: Stealth Fly Rod - X-treame Series

Default Stealth Fly Rod - X-treame Series

I damaged my Saltwater Rod & looking at a new Saltwater Rod.
    My budget is limited & I can get the "Stealth X-treame Fly rod (7 Weight, 10 Foot, 3 piece) at a good price. I know that it is an old range from Stealth, but does any-one know anything about the Rod?

later
    Francois

Not really but i have the shimano biocraft witch i also found to be great value fo money

A mate of mine has a 5wt and it's a nice rod with medium to fast action , I've fished with it a few times and I find it also cast's nicely

I would not hesitate in recommending the rod for the price. I have had a 10 wt for some years now and although it is now a back-up rod, it is still going strong. It has caught some serious fish in Seychelles and Weipa (where I became attached to an unplanned GT) and has survived. The action is very comfortable - not too fast and not too medium. Comfortable and able to throw a long line.

Shop around a bit though. Prices seem to vary. Mias in Woodmead has been having a sale on these rods for some time. I was very tempted to buy some back-up gear. Check them out. The 10wt was R1100.

Thanks for the help.

I've never fished with the Xtream range, but own a couple of the Travel range: 2/3, 4/5 and 6#. I like them, they have a nice fastish action, but i havent had too much experiance with different rods... so I might not be the best person to speak to? . The 4/5# feels very nice, the 6# does feel a little clunky but i still enjoy fishing with it. As far as i know, the Travel range is a bit faster than the Xtream which i like.. and they are cheaper!! my 2c

I've won a 10# stealth x-treme + a stealth blue water reel + airflow line at the flyfishing open day at Mias last Saturday. I've casted it and I must say it is realy nice. You would not go wrong with this rod at that price.

nice! well done
    the patient mental...