Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sage trc 7wt 10ft

Default Sage trc 7wt 10ft

What would the value of this rod be.A friend wants to sell it and just wants to ask a fair price

TCR is 2 models back, TCX'S going second hand between R3500 and R4500 depending on condition. So R2000 to R3000.
    But that's not bad for a stick that's been used for the last 6 or 7 years.
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

What is a good application for TCR 7wt? perhaps light salt water or estuary work perhaps?
    To me a 7wt (particularly a TCR) seems a bit like a rod without a use. Too light for salt, too heavy for Stillwater.
    I sold my 9wt TCR for R1500.00. I think that any more than R2000.00 is too much. There are a few TCX's (ok not 7wt's) going for around R2000.00. and the TCX is a better rod than the TCR in my opinion.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I think a good estuary rod for SA.
    Plenty backbone, to cast into wind etc.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    There are a few TCX's (ok not 7wt's) going for around R2000.00.
    Where is this?
    Gooi vere... <")))><

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    What is a good application for TCR 7wt? perhaps light salt water or estuary work perhaps?
    To me a 7wt (particularly a TCR) seems a bit like a rod without a use. Too light for salt, too heavy for Stillwater.
    I sold my 9wt TCR for R1500.00. I think that any more than R2000.00 is too much. There are a few TCX's (ok not 7wt's) going for around R2000.00. and the TCX is a better rod than the TCR in my opinion.
    Application - light salt, bass, barbel, largies.

In mint condition R3000, and there is demand for that stick, just have to find the right guy. But you're right, R2k is fair value.

Yes the TCX is a better stick.

Fair value for TCX's us R3.5k
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    What would the value of this rod be.A friend wants to sell it and just wants to ask a fair price
    What weight is the rod he wants to sell?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Lets not overvalue these rods. The TCR has little demand anyway, and this being a 10 foot 7wt, is going to have to find the right home, and I don't think that's going to be easy. It might be worth R2k, but its a 10 footer according to the thread title.....you really think its an ideal rod for these applications......hmmmmm? Im not sure, but my mind doesn't think so. All the applications that you have mentioned would ideally be suited to a 9 foot rod. I think the 10 foot option these, would be a liability actually. Could be wrong, but in thinking about what's needed for them, I would go the 9 foot option.
    Granted I have never fished with a 10 foot TCR, so I am probably wrong, but when I consider where a 10 foot would be an advantage, none of those advantages would translate to the applications that you mention.

QUOTE=MaXiMuM;248191]Application - light salt, bass, barbel, largies.

In mint condition R3000, and there is demand for that stick, just have to find the right guy. But you're right, R2k is fair value.

Yes the TCX is a better stick.

Fair value for TCX's us R3.5k[/QUOTE]
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    What weight is the rod he wants to sell?

Sorry didnt read the title properly

Well he was looking at R2500.Its in a good condition but the tube has a few marks.He is in Bloem.
    I have cast a tcr before and found it not to be as fast as they made it out to be.Smooth yes but slightly heavy in the 10ft but still a very easy casting rod.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast