Thread: Stunning video

Default Stunning video

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I find it hard to think when I have a boner... No poon intended 😎

It's interesting to note how the bamboo bends during the cast and the fight, but especially on the hook set. That rod dances properly during the fight, must be great for tippet protection.

Have you fished bamboo a lot Mario? Would you say Bamboo is better for protecting light tippets or are the modern rods equally capable?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Stop it now man..Here i sit lus as hell to fish and you show this......What must i do now for the rest of the week

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Stop it now man..Here i sit lus as hell to fish and you show this......What must i do now for the rest of the week
    I havent caught a fish in 4 months now. Its draining my life blood. Hopefully I will get up into Denmark soon and get something organised. I need to cast at something!!!!!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Have you fished bamboo a lot Mario? Would you say Bamboo is better for protecting light tippets or are the modern rods equally capable?
    I fish it a fair amount, and yes, amazing tippet protectors. Glass too (which I'm fishing more and more now), and a bit less wobbly (depending on taper of the bamboo rod - there are some pretty great "modern" tapers out there - especially from Massimo Tirocchi, www.t-rods.it) . Modern rods do a great job too, but it's action dependent really (tip especially). The ESN is great imho.

One thing is that you do have to alter the strike a little. You can (and need to be) a little more authoritative in setting the hook.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Wow...the rods, and that stream....and the fish....just perfection!!!