Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ceres Arch

Kevin it's moer deep.
    I'm not sure how high it is at the moment, with all the rain i can imagine it's
    much higher. we were surprised to find these real shallow banks that we walked on. When the water is high you have very steep banks to try and cast from. you k&k to cast. float tube or electric motor boat is the answer.
    it was a while ago but i really let my line go almost vertical. the place by the waterfall was out of the water when i was there and you could cast a fair line before hitting the rocks behind you.
    Near the wall, on a tube i tied on a heavily weighted wooly and just let line go untill i was deep into backing tried different retrieves but got nothing.
    waterfall and maybe airated (sp) water and food coming in could be the first stop.
    good luck
    The peace you guys gonna experience is what it's all about.
    ps look at the pylons and ask yourselves how the heck they got that right
    chers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

What is the story with regards to permits to fish the dam these days? In the past, these had to be obtained, together with a key to the jeep track upto the dam, from the local municipality.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

chris
    in the past philip negotiated with them and was in control of keys etc. i speak under correction, as far as i know he handed the dam over to cps.
    again, under what i was lead to believe, the dam is cps now. get key and fish? when i was a member of philips Fundi Liecasters club he controlled the acess to the dam. maybe give him a ring for clarity. 021 855 2646 at Eikendal for the full info.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thanks for bringing me back upto speed Roland. My last visit to the dam was before they raised the wall and Philip was still a twinkle in his dad's eye
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

kev....2 words....good luck!!!!!!
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    kev....2 words....good luck!!!!!!
    hahahaa Stephen. Remember that walk huh, almost killed us !!!!

i remember it like it was yesterday...what a mission...

i hope they have more success than we did......

Stephen Smith

You bunch of pissies! I can believe that Steffie would take some strain but not you Pierre......

I have just heard that the dam is good to fish in all conditions except a north wester- and am happy to report that Saturdays forecast is for a refreshingly STRONG North Westerly... yay... I always enjoy some extreme tubing...
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Cool

kev for the record...we all left at the same time to walk back...steffie came in first...pierre about 25 min behind me and johan and friend almost an hour later....

give you an idea of how long its going to take you to tube to the inlet....it took me 45 min to tube back from the middle of the dam...enjoy!!!!

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    kev for the record...we all left at the same time to walk back...steffie came in first...pierre about 25 min behind me and johan and friend almost an hour later....

give you an idea of how long its going to take you to tube to the inlet....it took me 45 min to tube back from the middle of the dam...enjoy!!!!
    Oh ye of little faith- that is what the mother ship is for...
    Did you have a point to prove that you left all the other guys behind you...???
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast