Thread: Tregaron trout lodge

Default Tregaron trout lodge

Good morning All,

I am off on a trip this weekend to Tregaron and was wondering if anyone has any information on it? Cannot find much mention online which always a little concerning!

Thanks.

Cheers,

David.

Never heard of it. Tell us where it is, and maybe someone has some insight on the rivers in the area that they might share.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hi Andre,

Me neither! A mate has booked it. This is the sum total of everything I can find: http://www.wheretostay.co.za/tregaron/

Ok wow... that's about all the info you going to need. Its seems they have a stockie pond, so basically theres not much to know, just look for structure, inlets, etc etc, and fish a line dependent on the depth . vary your retrieves, and try naturals through to attractor patterns, but the lodge locals should be able to give you all the advice you going to need. I would personally ditch the stockie puddle, and head for the numerous rivers in the area. that's where you going to have real fishing, although Im not sure if theres any season to consider in the Midlands.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Most river still seem to be on the seasonal basis here. The place has been booked as a boys fishing challenge weekend so will have to stick with it! Hoping its the next best secret spot for size fish and not your run of the mill stockie pond...

Time will tell I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ok wow... that's about all the info you going to need. Its seems they have a stockie pond, so basically theres not much to know, just look for structure, inlets, etc etc, and fish a line dependent on the depth . vary your retrieves, and try naturals through to attractor patterns, but the lodge locals should be able to give you all the advice you going to need. I would personally ditch the stockie puddle, and head for the numerous rivers in the area. that's where you going to have real fishing, although Im not sure if theres any season to consider in the Midlands.
    A 6Ha lake in the mountains is a stockie pond? You have really high standards!

Fishing in that area is generally excellent. Enjoy!
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.