Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Headlamps

Default Headlamps

Any new ideas on headlamps?

Thanx

Stick to the lenzer h7. Buy 2 sets of rechargeable batteries. Expensive but will last a long time. Great after sale service from the local agents. I use it for my r&s and it can take a beating.
    catch and release

Thanks Paul seems like the obvious choice.

I have an Led Lenser H7R (rechargeable). Doing research for a friends birthday, I compared the newer H7.R2 to the Led Lenser SE07R.

Go for an SE07R - I would if I was in the market now.
    http://www.capeunionmart.co.za/led-l...seo7r-headlamp

Gerrit - if you want an H7 - I would be happy to sell my H7R and upgrade to the SE07R, so let me know and lets see if we can make a deal.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

I have the regular Led Lenser H7 (not the re-chargable version). Went for this as I find re-charging to be a pain. Very happy with this as it has great variability in terms of brightness and width of beam.

There is a combo going on it at Cape Union at the momemnt too - www.capeunionmart.co.za/led-lenser-h7-2-headlamp

Gary, out of interest does the SE07R also have the features to adapt the strength and width? If it does that pretty cool as it seems nice and compact.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have the regular Led Lenser H7 (not the re-chargable version). Went for this as I find re-charging to be a pain. Very happy with this as it has great variability in terms of brightness and width of beam..
    I like the fact that I don't have to carry spare batteries and can recharge from any USB port.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Gary, out of interest does the SE07R also have the features to adapt the strength and width? If it does that pretty cool as it seems nice and compact.
    Yes. Focus & strength.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

I have a black diamond icon that my wife bought me for my birthday a while back. Never had any problems with it and it seems just fine to braai 'n boerie at the campsite or check if your polisiemanne are still swinging freely.
    The thing however is that the things are expensive for what it is! (A cree chip in an expensive housing)
    I bought my son a headlamp for R150-00 from a small chinese shop close to my house - on the box it says CREE Q5 LED SUPERLIGHT - and I must say apart from it being not as pretty as the Icon or the beam not being as "adjustable" it does the same job at a fraction of the price. Buy 3.

Thanks gents what's wrong with say the H14R.2? Too bulky or too pricy?

Ps. Thanks Gary but no thanks.

if they make these things any brighter, you wont need a fire to braai your boerie anymore.......
    catch and release

I was in the market for one of the Lenser units.
    Then I received a gift of 2 LED lamps from Plastic for Africa's to "just check them out"
    A unit with a focus and strength and wide angle and the second unit a "big lamp"
    Both shine to about 80 meters,
    The units are probably R30 each.
    But they compare so well with a mate's Lenser, that I am not even going to buy the Lenser.
    Should they break, the units are so cheap to replace.
    The big lamp, gives the light of a BIG Maglite torch of about 8 years ago.
    The big problem is that this small LED does not give the same self protection value of a big Maglite torch.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast