Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lip Grips

Not sure. Tell me how you are taking it, and I will tell you if you are taking it out of context or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Please tell me I am taking this statement out of context?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Not sure. Tell me how you are taking it, and I will tell you if you are taking it out of context or not.
    That no harm is being done to fish when being caught on a line?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

I nearly said "duuh"!

Bertu, what are you trying to do? I used "duuh" once in response to a post of yours... that hardly qualifies as "become so fond of it". I'm really not sure what your issues are, but it seems that you would say almost anything in an attempt to discredit anything I say. So what if some of my posts are controvercial? Anyone is entitled to disagree. I don't claim to have anything more than my own experiences and opinions.

Was it this?
    Duuuh..... he's advertising a LM workshop, so to have his photos in the FOSAF magazine (even without permission, as its unsolicited mileage) would be a good advertisement for the LM workshop..........
    Or maybe this?
    No I didn't say that, basically, the heaviest sinker you can find, if a 7wt cant cast it, well then obviously use a different rod...duuuh.

Yes, it was these, the first one I apologised for, as I thought the advert for the workshop was from someone else. My further post in that thread explains it.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I nearly said "duuh"!

Was it this?

Or maybe this?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Well if that's what you think I said, then yes, you have taken it out of context. Then you either don't understand, or you need to learn to read.
    That no harm is being done to fish when being caught on a line?

The reality however is that a fish can get damaged by a hook if it sets in a vulnerable area of the mouth, but no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line.
    Duuuh, I must have read wrong.

Well if that's what you think I said, then yes, you have taken it out of context. Then you either don't understand, or you need to learn to read.
    Jeez what crawled up your a$$ and died, I think you need to be a bit more clear about how you put things, it seems a lot of what you say is "misunderstood" or "taken out of context"

Can you please then explain what you meant by "no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line"
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Ok... let me clarify the "context" once and for all for all those who need it.
    Basically if a fish is hooked by an angler, and while still in the water, is being drawn against the force exerted by the line in the normal course of fishing, as we do it, I don't believe will suffer any injury or harm to its mouth by this, due to the fact that the water is supporting its body weight, whereas, dead lifting a fish in the air by the mouth can cause damage or harm to the fish. Therfore, a line pulling a fish in the water is nowhere near as damaging to the fish as lip gripping or boga gripping the fish in the air.
    Are we all clear on this, so that we can move on now please?
    Jeez what crawled up your a$$ and died, I think you need to be a bit more clear about how you put things, it seems a lot of what you say is "misunderstood" or "taken out of context"

Can you please then explain what you meant by "no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line"

Default Lip Grips

I'm really not sure what your issues are, but it seems that you would say almost anything in an attempt to discredit anything I say.
    Andre, there is a fairly clear distinction between trying to discredit you, as you put it, and merely having an opinion that differs from yours (which incidentally, you have also quite eruditely indicated means that we who do so, are morons, I can quote you, if you want to determine the context)

In this case I maintain that advising someone to chuck a 300Grain line on a 7WT is a bad idea, which is backed by my own experience with trying to do so a number of years ago when I did not know better, in addition to my particular brand of rod's local agent whistling through his teeth when I told him I was doing so, and lastly the freely available ATFMA rating system which you can Google for yourself.

When you lob a "Duuh" in every exchange however, your intent becomes clear, and it's not to indicate a difference in opinion, unless I misread the context.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast