Thread: Anyone fished Giant's Cup?

Default Anyone fished Giant's Cup?

Hi There

Just wondered if anyone has fished or been to Giant's Cup in Underberg and if it's worth the trip?

http://www.giantscup.co.za/

Thanks
    Dean

Hi Dean.

I haven't fished there purely because of the price...it'll put a rather large dent in your pocket! I do know people that have fished there before and say that it's pretty productive, but to honest you don't really hear of trophy trout coming out very often. The other thing to consider is that they are pretty strict on how many rods are allowed on the dam at one time...It looks like the accommodation can sleep 10 yet only 6 per day on the water, so there is a slight chance (if you haven't pr-booked your day on the water) you may be watching okes fish. There are many places that offer great fishing, and without trying to offend anyone...maybe try "fishing' around. In defence of the place, it is very scenic with wild spawned trout.....:smile:
    A man who lies to his own fishing diary is capable of anything and I usually like to think I have some limits.

Dean, why don't you mail them, great people who will tell you all you need to know. Anywhere in the Midlands should be worth a go, its a great region to be fly fishing at this time of year. Some amazing rivers also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Oelschig View Post
    Hi There

Just wondered if anyone has fished or been to Giant's Cup in Underberg and if it's worth the trip?

http://www.giantscup.co.za/

Thanks
    Dean
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks Matyx! We fish regularly in Nottingham Road but was trying to look for alternative options to spice it up a bit. The appeal of this are the obvious wild trout; something I have come to savour. Do you perhaps have one or two recommendations of other spots in Natal to try? As we're from JHB, Underberg is also a bit far for us so anything closer would be great.

Thanks again!