Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stillwater trout hunting

1. Default Stillwater trout hunting

This is it Twakkies!!!

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario thanks for ruining my Friday, for me this is the ultimate!!!!!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Mario thanks for ruining my Friday, for me this is the ultimate!!!!!
    Coolest part for me was that brute swimming past this guy, and not spooking. Just goes to show that being STILL and slow can do a LOT for one's fishing.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Liewe ouers, that be some huge brown trout!
    Andrť

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Coolest part for me was that brute swimming past this guy, and not spooking. Just goes to show that being STILL and slow can do a LOT for one's fishing.
    Agreed, often people in that situation would panic, try throw a fly and spook it.....
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Th yanks certainly have nothing to complain about in terms of the quality of their fishing...
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Th yanks certainly have nothing to complain about in terms of the quality of their fishing...
    I'm pretty sure this is NZ though.... But you are right, the yanks do have a wealth of insane fishing!

But I think this is Lake Otamangakau in NZ....

And my weekend is now ruined too thanks Mario...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is NZ though.... But you are right, the yanks do have a wealth of insane fishing!

But I think this is Lake Otamangakau in NZ....

And my weekend is now ruined too thanks Mario...
    Well in case this is NZ, let me then rephrase ... the vvanks

Don't get me started on the yanks, especially their estuarine and salty stuff. Le Woof I'm fully green...

Neptune is right. That is The Big "O" Home to some awesome fish both Rainbows and Browns.

Stalking those Browns in the shallows you sort of get transported to another world and coming back down can be hard to handle.

The Cure is to do more of it.

Scythe; Like the vv Touch. Jack
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Default Stillwater trout hunting

Jack, like that you have a sense of humour

My brother was in NZ to ski at the end of last year, while there he chartered a local guide to take him Lake/Fjord fishing. Visualise the Fjord sitting in between the peak/slope/lodge you are ski-ing at, then a Fjord and then in the distance more of the towering peaks people ski on. Pretty scenic stuff.

Anyways, he had good fun tucking into the Salmon and Browns, and although he is not a fly angler and the guide made use of downriggers to get to the fish which were holding deep, ~30m .... it's definitely one of those things you have to do at least once ... or several times.
    Last edited by Scythe; 02-08-14 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast