Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Local supplier for heat shrink sleeves

Default Local supplier for heat shrink sleeves

It must be available locally somewhere. All I can find is companies offering branded shrink wrapping.

Just want to keep my grips nice and clean while I'm building. Busy with a rod now and it looks like it's a couple years old already as I cast it so much already with the guides taped on :-)

Picked some up from a electrical supply shop in durban. I'm sure most electrical suppliers will sell it. Comes in a range of diameters. Sell per meter. If you can't come right, I will get you the name. Will have to look for the slip.
    catch and release

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    Picked some up from a electrical supply shop in durban. I'm sure most electrical suppliers will sell it. Comes in a range of diameters. Sell per meter. If you can't come right, I will get you the name. Will have to look for the slip.
    just to be sure, Im not referring to heat shrink tubes used for electrical wiring. Those are available everywhere. Im looking for the clear plastic heat shrink sleeves that you will find on your grip when you buy a new rod.

i might be mistaken, but the plastic on your new rod grip is not a heatshrink, it is done by a machine that "crimps" the plastic on.
    but why not use the black heatshrink. it will serve the same purpose?
    anyway, three d agencies sells it. jhb branch no 011 392 3804
    catch and release

That's something else, not heat shrink.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    just to be sure, Im not referring to heat shrink tubes used for electrical wiring. Those are available everywhere. Im looking for the clear plastic heat shrink sleeves that you will find on your grip when you buy a new rod.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Glad Clingwrap ....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Glad Clingwrap ....
    Duh, thanks Mario. That'll do the job

Still, for the other guys, here's what I am looking for, http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/...-Shrink-Tubing

Still, for the other guys, here's what I am looking for, http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/...-Shrink-Tubing
    I have a Mudhole order being finalised this week, happy to add this if you want.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

cool thanks, learn something new every day......
    catch and release

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I have a Mudhole order being finalised this week, happy to add this if you want.
    Thanks so much Mario, but I think the cling wrap will work just fine, but I do need one of these though http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/.../EBFT-Fly-Tops in size 4.
    It's just insane what Mudhole charges for them, I paid $1.32 at Ye Olde a couple of weeks ago, but in error I ordered a large loop which of course will look silly on a smaller rod.

Oh, and three of these please, one each of sizes 1, 2 and 3, http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/...oot-Fly-Guides :biggrin:

If you are still coming to Parys I'll just get it from you then. No rush at all on this side. I've been playing around with five rods for over two years now and still not done, and I have three more waiting (assuming I don't buy any more cheapskate blanks in the meantime).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast