Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Sage Salt

Quote Originally Posted by Saloon 2000 View Post
    How far did you cast it? 70 yards or 20 meters or is it the same thing? Just like 50 yards = 10-15 meters.
    Sorry, I meant 70 feet/20 meter and 30feet/10meters. I was able to cast it out to about 70 feet, and I think it is an awesome rod for closer 30-40 feet (10-15m) presentations.

My bad.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I quite like this write up on the Accel
    http://redsflyshop.com/blog/sage-accel-fly-rod-review
    Jip Andre good review also read it, that's where I read about the back cast :-)
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

I would be more interested in how it fishes a 20 foot leader, with no flyline out the rod top. If its anything like the SLT as they claim, its going to be an absolute peach at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Sorry, I meant 70 feet/20 meter and 30feet/10meters. I was able to cast it out to about 70 feet, and I think it is an awesome rod for closer 30-40 feet (10-15m) presentations.

My bad.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I would be more interested in how it fishes a 20 foot leader, with no flyline out the rod top. If its anything like the SLT as they claim, its going to be an absolute peach at this.
    Andre I think the best way of discribing it's action, and if you know Sage rods are, and I quote here: " if the ZXL and the Z-Axis had a love child the Accel would be it...."
    Hope it helps.
    Dirk Human

Dirk I think its gonna be a great rod to fish all day on the vaal. If its anything like my z-axis you are going to be in love when we hit the water.

Especially with the way you fish, that is medium casts and not too much short line stuff.

I have "played" with the new Sage rods in Upstream.
    What was immediately noticed, is how light the rods feel in the hand.

Not to mention, how light your wallet will feel after purchasing one.
    I must admit, I have a rods that are a couple of years old, so the light rods, might take away the feeling of light headedness
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Korrie when using a debit or credit card your wallet's weight remains constant.

Ahhh... its probably going to be one of the all time great flyrods. A legend in the making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Andre I think the best way of discribing it's action, and if you know Sage rods are, and I quote here: " if the ZXL and the Z-Axis had a love child the Accel would be it...."
    Hope it helps.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Korrie when using a debit or credit card your wallet's weight remains constant.
    The light headedness only comes into effect at the end of the month, when you settle the card balance.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Dirk I think its gonna be a great rod to fish all day on the vaal. If its anything like my z-axis you are going to be in love when we hit the water.

Especially with the way you fish, that is medium casts and not too much short line stuff.
    Jip Tiaan, as soon as the weekend and the weather decide to reconcile!!! But I think you have hit it on the hammer.....my style of fishing that is mostly between 10-20 meters out it would be perfect.
    Dirk Human

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast