Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Croatia

Default Hello from Croatia

Hello world!

So, I've started fly fishing a year ago, and stopped every other form of fishing.
    I mainly fish small creeks around villages sorrounding Zagreb, and they usually contain a lot of chub.

I stumbled upon this forum when searching for DIY rod drying/wrapping machines, since I'm very intrested in rod building aswell.

Hoping to have a nice time here.

Also, married with children.

Hi
    you are a lucky guy, fantastic fly fishing in Croatia and Bosnia Herzogovina.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Yes, that is very true. Both countries have enormous potential in fly fishing(native brown trout and some endemic species thrive in local rivers).
    And scenery sorrounding places like Gacka river and Ribnik is absurdly beautiful. Almost Shire-like, as if, Shire from the Lord of the Rings.

gacka700as9.jpg

In fact, I'm originally from Bosnia&Herzegovina but my family fled to Croatia during the unfortunate war. But I do remember the rivers.

You are going to make lots of friends with pictures like that.
    Welcome and don't be surprised if you have a few South Africans on their way to you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Storvagun View Post
    Yes, that is very true. Both countries have enormous potential in fly fishing(native brown trout and some endemic species thrive in local rivers).
    And scenery sorrounding places like Gacka river and Ribnik is absurdly beautiful. Almost Shire-like, as if, Shire from the Lord of the Rings.

gacka700as9.jpg

In fact, I'm originally from Bosnia&Herzegovina but my family fled to Croatia during the unfortunate war. But I do remember the rivers.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Croatia is a lovely place - I was there last year and fished 3 rivers - the Ruda (rainbows), Jadro (soft mouthed Adriatic trout!) and the Gacka (Browns & Rainbows).
    What a country to be a fisherman.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I see myself spending a lot of time here. Enormous quantity of useful informations.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I see myself spending a lot of time here. Enormous quantity of useful informations.
    If you have a spare bedroom, we could be spending a lot more time in Croatia and fish with you, on those beautiful rivers
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    If you have a spare bedroom, we could be spending a lot more time in Croatia and fish with you, on those beautiful rivers
    We can always arrange something.
    If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him. - by Norman Maclean

9. Default

Welcome Storvagun. Feel free to ask any rodbuilding questions - there are quite a few guys who will try to answer as best as we can.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

We can always arrange something.
    When is the best time to visit?
    The Cape's best time, is the whole year, you are any time welcome.
    Korrie Broos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast