Thread: Fishing near cradock?

Default Fishing near cradock?

Hi all
    I am Going to be at the Mountain Zebra National Park near Cradock for around a week in January. If I don't get onto the water for about 3 days I start to twitch. Does anyone know of anywhere kinda close by and ideal for a day trip? What is Lake Arthur like? I don't really care what species are in any of the water in the area. I will even target bluegill. Any info would be greatly appreciated
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Hey Dude, chat to Alan Hobson at the Angler and Antelope, they have some waters in that area I think.

I think it could be members only, but he might guide you on the water for the day if you ask about it.

Cheers

Jade
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

as Jade has it spot on.
    About a 2 hour drive you have Queenstown, with some fantastic fishing
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks I will check it out
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Somerset East is only about 90 km away and did a great trip there recently which I did a report on here. Perfect for a day trip or they even have nice accomodation - www.glenavonfarm.co.za

I think the Bankberg Troutfishers Club has their main dam in or very near Cradock too which also has some decent size fish. And there are also some excellent Yellowfish opportunities in the rivers being fed by the Orange - Fish canal. All roads lead to Alan Hobson here though as I think some of the waters can only be accessed if guided by him.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Alan at Angler and antelope can possibly arrange a day outing for you at a private farm right next to the Mountain Zebra National park called Kareebosch. The ownwer is Japie Jordaan. There is excellent trout fishing in a mountain dam. I've caught trout in the range of 7 / 8 pounds there, and in excellent condition.