Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dullstroom Fly Fishers Association

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    Will the river be accessible through the association?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    I will be able to provide some more answers once I am there. Still a month off
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Oh sorry, is it a "secret"....?:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Would I really be telling?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Just asking, as I think its a challenge getting guys involved in pond bashing. I went to Dullstroom once, and was disappointed with the fishing offerings, basically all artificial dams, not a single natural river to fish.
    But seriously Andre, you know me....that's where I will be spending a lot of time, exploring....discovering. A lot of spade work still to be done, making friends with farmers, etc. All the spruits are on private land. Will gladly share my findings with a selected few, by pm of course.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Just asking, as I think its a challenge getting guys involved in pond bashing. I went to Dullstroom once, and was disappointed with the fishing offerings, basically all artificial dams, not a single natural river to fish.
    There are 3 trout rivers in the area. All on private land though. As far as the dams go, whilst there are many easy 'disappointing' dams, there are some pretty challenging stillwaters with large full finned trophy trout that require stealthy minimalistic fishing, the kind that you and I like. Not so disappointing when you hook into one of those. These are the waters I will be seeking out. As always, quality over quantity.
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 02-09-14 at 08:20 AM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Ya, I hear you, Yes we were told about the rivers, just were not allowed to fish them....It would be awesome if you could get the rivers on line with this.
    There are 3 trout rivers in the area. All on private land though. As far as the dams go, whilst there are many easy 'disappointing' dams, there are some pretty challenging stillwaters with large full finned trophy trout that require stealthy minimalistic fishing, the kind that you and I like. Not so disappointing when you hook into one of those. These are the waters I will be seeking out. As always, quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    It would be awesome if you could get the rivers on line with this.
    That's the idea Andre. Wont take me long either. But there is more to the area than the waters in and around Dullstroom. Dullstroom is just the hub. Lots more within a 50km radius.

I think its really short sighted of them, to promote the area as a fly fishing destination, and they don't even offer rivers. One would think they would be priority. So if you could do this... great
    That's the idea Andre. Wont take me long either. But there is more to the area than the waters in and around Dullstroom. Dullstroom is just the hub. Lots more within a 50km radius.

I agree Andre. Once a stream fisherman, always one hey!

I'm also one.... but the "er" kind!

The steelpoort if you go 50km or so past tondel**** looks like it could provide nice river yellowfish fishing. Our farm dams/streams drain into that if you go a long way upstream if I remember correctly. Once the moratorium on yellowfish movement is lifted I would love to relocate some upstream to our farm.

Chris PM me your email address please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast