Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mindset

I am so happy I found this thread. Some amazing stuff here. I need to open applications for a great videographer to come follow us around on our fishing trips and film me and my goofy mates as we catch some beautiful trout. "*** never puts trout in ugly places," and it makes for fantastic footage.

2. Default

Perhaps the most powerful one I found yet. After spending 5 days in hospital with our daughter, and then another 8 days (3 days overlapping) with our 2nd son, this video hit me harder than it would have hit me if I had not been there with them.

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

family and support is everything - blessings to your family

4. Default

Trying to get rid of some pre-exam stress ...

Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

5. Default

Mario Geldenhuys

6. Default

For those that have enjoyed some of the clips, footage and films of Rolf Nylinder, this might be somewhat of a shock :-(

Meanwhile downstream

Rolf N | 26 September, 2014 | hmmm, Stories | No Comments
    Three weeks ago someone set fire to the house where me and my girlfriend were living. We both were lucky to get out through the balcony. But minutes later everything we owned was gone, and that includes all the footage I’ve filmed the last 10 years. I got out in my underwear, and that is all I own for now (my car broke down a week before the fire).

I was living on the top floor. Later I found out that it’s possible to buy “fireproof hard drives”, damn…
    As I’ve written earlier I spent the last year editing a full length fly fishing documentary. And the during the summer I’ve filmed the footage to make the series I called ”meanwhile upstream”. Since I’ve promised the frontsidefly visitors a film and a series, I’m sad to say that the plans have changed. I won’t release anything this fall. Unless I manage to find a camera and make something about pike fishing (which is the only fishing available here right now).

The picture is taken a few minutes after we climbed down from the balcony.
    I’m happy to have the best friends and thankful for all the help I’ve got. The nice norwegians at VAK have started some kind of campaign to help me get new camera gear. I don’t expect anyone to help a stupid person who didn’t have the right kind of insurance. I’m not starving and there is millions of people around the world that deserve help way more than me. That said, I’m very thankful for their initiative and the potensial help. And very bummed to have spent almost a year in front of a computerscreen for no reason.
    Mario Geldenhuys

7. Default

If anyone is willing to help Rolfie, here is the page link in case you missed it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-rolf-nylinder
    Mario Geldenhuys

Can afford to fly around the world making fly fishing videos but cannot afford an external hard drive or cloud service to backup his data :-(
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Can afford to fly around the world making fly fishing videos but cannot afford an external hard drive or cloud service to backup his data :-(
    Jip, Mindset :-)
    Mario Geldenhuys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Maybe the external hard drive was part of the things they lost in the fire fire fire. (Sorry Bastille).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast