Thread: Tying equipment

Default Tying equipment

Hi guys,

Just thought I would throw this out there. We got robbed a couple if years ago, and the buggers decided they needed most if my fly fishing equipment more than me. Anyhow, I only this year started fly fishing proper again.

So sad story short, the reason for this thread is to see who has some fly tying materials and tools lying around looking for a new home. I basically need a whole kit tools and materials exc.

Thanks in advance
    George
    George Victor Cooper

cant help but the exact same thing happened to me. They were disturbed andthey pretty much got two things - a portable dvd player and my flytying stuff. Would have loved to see their faces when they opened up a box of feather and dead animal parts :biggrin:

On a serious note it is an absolute ball ache to replace stuuf i have been collecting for 20 odd years....
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    cant help but the exact same thing happened to me. They were disturbed andthey pretty much got two things - a portable dvd player and my flytying stuff. Would have loved to see their faces when they opened up a box of feather and dead animal parts :biggrin:

On a serious note it is an absolute ball ache to replace stuuf i have been collecting for 20 odd years....
    Sucks replacing everything.

Would have been interesting to see their faces when they opened the box though.
    George Victor Cooper

Given it to their Sangoma mates I'm thinking.....:wink:

I think if you post a list of ESSENTIALS you'll get back into the groove much quicker. What is your immediate plan ito fishing and what specie/s are you planning to catch? Then we can go onto the next step which is what season are we into now and what sort of patterns would you need,etc?
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 24-09-14 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    I think if you post a list of ESSENTIALS you'll get back into the groove much quicker. What is your immediate plan ito fishing and what specie/s are you planning to catch? Then we can go onto the next step which is what season are we into now and what sort of patterns would you need,etc?
    Hi LW,

Well basically the vice and tools 1st priority.

Then the bulk of my fishing is for bass, so streamer patterns (#6,#8,#10 woolly buggers mostly. #8 & #10 olive buggers being the most succesfull)

I am also going to try fish for some yellows and have no clue as of yet which flies to tie for them.

Ok so the I guess marabou (olive, brown, black) ; dubbing/chenille (olive, brown, black) ; hackle ; beads for head is the most important for now.

Thanks
    George
    George Victor Cooper

P.S. I live in middelburg and have no clue where to get tying materials as our local shop isn't that well stock in regards to fly fishing
    George Victor Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by GVC86 View Post
    P.S. I live in middelburg and have no clue where to get tying materials as our local shop isn't that well stock in regards to fly fishing
    Gani's is 20 minutes away.

Yeah haven't been there in ages, not sure what tying materials they have. Last time I was there I didn't check or see any materials other than hook, will make a turn this weekend.
    George Victor Cooper