Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Largemouth tackle

That is also one of the reasons I want to try another line cause that is what my current intermediate line does. I bought a reel last month and they were really nice and gave me a free Scientific Anglers Uniform sink + type 2 line and they said with those lines there is no belly, do you think that is a perhaps better line.

What sink rate did you get and why did you choose a sinker and not say a floater what was your thinking?
    Gerrit Viljoen

The sink rate is 1,75 - 2,75 ips. Gerrit to be honest there was no thinking on my behalf. When i bought the reel (was a 5wt reel) I was asked what line I was going to put on it and when I told them I was going to put on one of those see thru fast intermediate lines on they said that those lines tend to make a belly and that they will give me a line that doesn't do that. On my other 5wt reel I have a floating line, Airflo Super Dri which I think is a great line and wouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.f View Post
    ... I bought a reel last month and they were really nice and gave me a free Scientific Anglers Uniform sink + type 2 line and they said with those lines there is no belly, do you think that is a perhaps better line.
    SciAng are good lines, I have only ever had one, which I hated, the Wet Cell locally branded as the Ufudu line, it was crap, the end.

Fish the SciAng and see if it forms a belly, that's the easiest way to check.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345