Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elandspad

Default Elandspad

Hi guys
    Need some info if anyone can help me out.
    Booked Elandspad beat 3 for this Saturday. Was wondering where is the best place to park for this beat?
    Ive booked and paid with CPS and have a freshwater fishing liscence. What other permits are needed?
    If anyone could help out it would be appreciated.

Hey Dude

The best thing to do for parking is as you come out the tunnel from CT there is a little slip way to the right just before you drive on the bridge over the river. You take that slip way and then park in the parking lot there. The toughest thing about EP3 is finding the path down to the river. Make sure you have the right directions from the CPS website. The other thing is, once you are down the valley and in the river, it is next to impossible to get out until the end of the beat at the cave pool. So dont bother trying, rather just walk out through to the cave at the start of EP4. Ep3 is probably my favourite beat, have a great time and tightlines!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

As you exit the tunnel you will see a brown sign board on your right indicating fishing and hiking, take that turn off. Its quite close to the tunnel so dont drive past it. Follow it to the parking lot.
    Regards,
    Leonardo

hi
    Sent you a PM
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

If you have booked and paid with the CPS, that includes you CN hiking permit, so that with your fresh water fishing license is all you need. The bigger problem for first timers on the EP, is actually finding the beat. Parking is easy, just do as the guys in the previous post have said, and your car will be fine, but if you haven't fished up there before, finding your beat is a challenge. Correct that you cant get out easily once you are in the kloof, and its a long beat, so if it starts getting late, and you half way up the beat, best you get to the cave quickly and hot foot it out of there. Its at least an hour brisk walk back to the car from the cave, and that's if you are fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by occie View Post
    Hi guys
    Need some info if anyone can help me out.
    Booked Elandspad beat 3 for this Saturday. Was wondering where is the best place to park for this beat?
    Ive booked and paid with CPS and have a freshwater fishing liscence. What other permits are needed?
    If anyone could help out it would be appreciated.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Why would I need an angling licence to catch trout from Cape Nature? I thought I was helping them out

Same reason you need one for the Vaal and Orange and any other fresh water fishery in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Why would I need an angling licence to catch trout from Cape Nature? I thought I was helping them out
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Same reason you need one for the Vaal and Orange and any other fresh water fishery in the country.
    Nah, if it is a dam/lake on a private venue like some of the wine farms or the lakes in the midlands you don't need one.

well, it might surprise you to learn that, the Elandspad, Vaal, and Orange... are not dams or lakes on private property....
    Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Nah, if it is a dam/lake on a private venue like some of the wine farms or the lakes in the midlands you don't need one.

I never disputed it did I? I quote :"any other fresh water fishery in the country"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast