Thread: New and on the move

Default New and on the move

Hi folks. My name is Mike and I live in North Dakota--for a while yet. My wife, Jo and I have sold our place and will be moving to Minnesota, hopefully by the first of the year. We're looking for a place around the St. Cloud area. I used to fly fish A LOT, but haven't been out in about 15 years. I'm dusting off Jo's and my gear ,though, getting ready for next spring. Besides fly fishing, I'm a ham radio operator, play banjo and mandolin, blacksmith a little, enjoy outdoor photography, bicycling and metal detecting. I hope to make some friends here and learn a lot from all of you.
    Uncle Levi

Hi Mike, and very welcome to Flytalk.

I'm personally really looking forward to your reports of your f/f escapades in the States. We already have a section on f/f New Zealand, how about starting one on f/f USA ?

I'm actually busy reading a book on Kindle on f/f for Steelhead in winter. Great read, and has actually helped me to get SM Yellows in very high flows.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Hi Mike, and very welcome to Flytalk.

I'm personally really looking forward to your reports of your f/f escapades in the States. We already have a section on f/f New Zealand, how about starting one on f/f USA ?

I'm actually busy reading a book on Kindle on f/f for Steelhead in winter. Great read, and has actually helped me to get SM Yellows in very high flows.
    Tell you what, herman. Next spring when I get out and start fishing, I'll start reporting on my F/F trips. In the meantime, I'm going to visit here every day.
    Uncle Levi

Howzit Mike!

Welcome! Looking forward to some pics of the scenery that you have out there!
    Put some pics of your smithing as well!
    I am pretty sure that most of the guys on here will find it interesting!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.